Your thoughts on gun pick - deer & feral pig

Here she is...with her sister Chris built 2 identicle rifles one for me and one for my buddy...

The%20Twins.jpg

I used the Sub min solutions stock
it is a McMillan HTG with an adj cheek piece.

you can contact Chris via e-mail

[email protected]

Couple more questions if you don't mind. Which scope is that and which trigger? Thanks for your advice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks to you and everyone for all of the patience and advice. It is much appreciated. I'll forward a target photo somewhere down the line after a bit of practice.

Stock Rem trigger Chris tunes to 1.5 lbs

The scope is a Nikon 4-16 Tactical.

she shoots at about 1.5" at 500 yards

Ric, you say you are thinking about changing to the HS detachable mag.

Do the twins have Wyatt's boxes?

Do you know the COAL difference between a Wyatt's box and the HS mag?

Lastly, do you know how many WSM rounds you can fit in the HS mags?

Thanks

The twins do have the Wyatt's. and they work really well... you get 2 in the box and one in the pipe.. more than enough really... I hate to take more than 1 or 2 shots as it is...

You would have to ask Chris the difference.. and he'll tell ya to stick with the wyatt's and after he explained it to me.. I am sticking with the Wyatt's

If you follow the priciples of one shot one kill.. the Wyatt's hold plenty... ;-)

The harris bipod is hard to beat what you describe. I grew up in Ca, hunting hogs and deer juat as you describe I used an m-70 in .264 and could not have asked more of the round. Use tough bullets and you will love it I!! I still use it quite a bit when the shooting sounds lie it may be long for game up to elk size.

Ric

Man, I love those rifles!!! Do you mind telling me the cost without the scope???

Does Chris have a website??

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.