Your Personal RESULTS with custom long range HUNTING rifles built buy a PROFESSIONAL?

Alamo Precision, McWhorter and ALTUS have built FULL customs for me.. .
Wait times have gotten really bad on any custom. Look for Rifles Ready To Ship. IF you don't want to wait up to a year , don't buy.

You didn't mention a budget. You are entering High Roller Territory.

IMO the fit and finish of customs are much better than factory rifles. BUT great "hunting" accuracy can be bought right off the shelf.

Alamo Precision, McWhorter and ALTUS have built FULL customs for me.. .
Wait times have gotten really bad on any custom. Look for Rifles Ready To Ship. IF you don't want to wait up to a year , don't buy.

You didn't mention a budget. You are entering High Roller Territory.

IMO the fit and finish of customs are much better than factory rifles. BUT great "hunting" accuracy can be bought right off the shelf.

Those McWhorter's shoot bugholes.

View attachment 497390View attachment 497391

I was told when your "daughter gets married you get to get a new gun". So.... last year when she married,
I ordered my first custom from Blue Mountain Precision. A left hand 300-win Deviance Deviant GA Hunter, Manners LRH and Benchmark Carbon. I haven't got to shoot it yet as I still need a quality scope for it.

The wait for the first custom is a long one lol.

While I was waiting, I had been gathering parts for another rifle, one I was going to just re barrel, but it was too late I had already been bitten by the custom bug so to speak, I ended up just putting it up for sale. I used that money to buy a Kelbley Nanook action and having a Local gunsmith put the new barrel and some other work/parts I had laying around together for me. "Nookie" as I call her lol, is a 300 Win Mag with the RM Reamer, a 31-inch HV Bartlein and Holy smokes! it shoots everything I put through it. no doubt the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.

I have really enjoyed the gathering parts aspect and making it the way I want them, but like is said above when you do get a good factory rifle, they can really shoot really well also.

Good Luck with whichever way you go, be sure to post pics when done and let us know the experience you have.
If that's the truth I got shafted 🤨🤬 several times

I would like to hear only firsthand accuracy results from people who have had a long-range hunting rifle/scope system built buy a professional gunsmith/company. Secondly, have you had them develop a round and bought ammunition from them and was it truly consistently accurate, and the tracking was good as adjustments were made for various yardage (400 - 800)? The focus is on repeatable, accurate built rifles and ammunition, and we'll see if there is a common denominator! NOT interested in this post discussing ethics/calibers, etc. If you would recommend family to use this builder, I would appreciate you sharing the specifics on your triedd and true rifle.
Custom .280 Ackley Improved, Swarovski z5 with off the shelf 160 gr. Partitions; tack driver; dropped a prairie goat at 800 yds a few years ago in eastern Montana.

I've had Jon Beanland of Beanlandrifles.com build me three guns. Two XP-100's specialty pistols and one Rem 700 rifle. All three are shooters. I did all load development.

I've had Shane Howeth of H2creations.com build me one XP-100 specialty pistol. It turned out very well and shoots as good as it looks.

I would use both gunsmiths again.
What's with the paper barrel shims?

Wow, you have some really nice looking rifles. I didn't post a budget on purpose. I didn't want the post high jacketed about how to get somethimg done cheap
Wow, you have some really nice looking rifles. I didn't post a budget on purpose. I didn't want the post high jacketed about how to get somethimg done cheaper.

Wow, you have some really nice looking rifles. I didn't post a budget on purpose. I didn't want the post high jacketed about how to get somethimg done cheaper.
Hijack

My first custom built at SG&Y in Roanoak years ago by Speedy was my eye opening experience on customs. I couldn't find a bad load for that rifle, a plain old 30-06 on a 700 action he worked over. I started tinkering with building my own at that point, and found a semi retired smith to give me advice when needed. I was only interested in building rifles, but he insisted I know all there is to know about 1100 shotguns. That was painful coming from an A5 family. Since then, I have built my own, and my methods have changed four times. I shoot with guys that have Alamo, GAP, Lane, Jon Trammel, and Beanland rifles. All are stellar and I would recommend all of them.

In my experience... best components, best barrels, best gunsmiths, best optics, full load development. You'll get a lot of small groups. .2-.3" 3 shot groups. .4-.5" 5 shots groups. And lots of them. But the hunting weight systems and hunting cartridges will all end up producing some .6-.7" groups if you shoot them enough. Not one rifle will hold 1/4 MOA repeatedly. Or probably even 3/8-1/2 MOA.

I only have one custom rifle, a Rem 700 BDL that I had re-barreled with a Douglas Supreme barrel in 25-06. The stock is a lovely walnut thumb hole I picked up at a local gun show. I told the person building it I would use it for long-range varmint shooting. I would be shooting from the hood of my old power wagon, so weight wasn't an issue. We decided not to have the barrel tapered at all, just the straight tube. The rifle was built in the early '70s, and if I do my art, it will put 3 under a dime all day at 10 yards. The best long-range shot was a ground squirrel at just under 500 yards. I still have the rifle and occasionally take it out for a day at the range.

One custom rifle, a GAP in 28 Nosler. Shoots 1/2 moa with handloads.

My other rifles are Savage 338 Lapua FCP's or Savage model 12 LRP's typically bought used, and rebarreled with prefits from Southern Precision Rifles using Bartlein blanks. Chamberings are .264 Win Mag, 28 Nosler, 300 Lapua Mag, and 6.5 SAUM. They all shoot 1/2 moa or better with handloads.