Your guns group size at 600 yards ?

Siting in his gun by himself for 200 yards for a little over 2 inches high
First two shots bottom left touching he dialed up next shot right bull's-eye dialed next shot dime size bull's-eye dialed up 4 inches high dial down Next hole down 1 click down done

The portable shooting bench that I made that slips into receiver hitch on my truck so we could shoot off it anywhere we could drive

I'm getting 3092fps from my 300WinMag with 208gn ELD-M's and A-Max's using RL26, accuracy runs .5 out to 1500yds. From a RUM case I'd expect 32-3300fps with same bullet. I suspect there's anothrr accuracy node somewhere in there between 3 - 3.3k. Barrels are replacable. JohnnyK.

Here's mine:

Benchsht by Sharps Man, on Flickr

And I don't evaluate most of my rifles from 600 yards; rather 1000 yards if I really want to see how they are performing...myself included. This was shot prone off a bipod from 1000:

15shot by Sharps Man, on Flickr

The shot at 1130 hrs. was the first shot fired and the the two lowest was after a correction. I got somewhat centered up on the last 12 shots. White plate is 20" diameter. I've had to replace the hold on nut for the plate 3 times because it consistently gets cut up to the point whereby the plate falls off.

Keep that boy in ammo!

I'm getting 3092fps from my 300WinMag with 208gn ELD-M's and A-Max's using RL26, accuracy runs .5 out to 1500yds. From a RUM case I'd expect 32-3300fps with same bullet. I suspect there's anothrr accuracy node somewhere in there between 3 - 3.3k. Barrels are replacable. JohnnyK.

I tried some RL 26 with some 220 ELD-X bullets and got 3025ish at 87 grains in my 300 RUM loaded to mag length. It's the first heavy bullet at mag length that's printed below an inch at 100yrds. If I stretch out the OAL and run the 230 bergers at 3.80 then I get about 2940ish with 89.4grns of retumbo but they shoot about .5 to .6. I am currently looking at reducing the powder by .2 grains to see if I can shrink the group size on the 220's. Gun is a stock sendero with a custom break. If the group shrinks a little then I'll take a little less speed. It really easy to dial another 1 to 2 moa on the scope.

I tried what you are doing and for my gun it didn't work . My groups sucked !
I tried ELD
Berger
From 230 grain down to 200 in every size .
Many seating debts
I was loosing my mind 300 rounds
Then I saw Accubond 200 grain loves 300 rum and I tried it on the low side of powder and a bigger jump bingo !

At 600 yards I am getting 2,023 Velocity and 1,726.2 Energy with 190 Grain Nosler Trophy Grade ABLR's with my Custom Weatherby Ultra Lightweight 300 Win Mag. Grouping 4". Works for me!!! :) gun)

G7cZMmvl.jpg

My Scope is a Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20x50.

Should have mentioned that I am getting 4" groups by shooting off of my packsack off of the hood of my truck. I am not a competition shooter, just a hunter.

Also at muzzle the numbers are Vel: 2602.3 and Energy is: 2856.6. I decided to go with the ABLR's because as a factory load the numbers are very similar to the .338. I do not load my own rounds because I simply do not shoot enough. From everything I have read the ABLR's are a great hunting round and puts down animals quickly. My last rifle was a Browning Mountain Ti 300 Win Mag and I was shooting 180 Gr. Nosler Accubonds with great success.

Taking it out in two weeks for it's first hunt for giant Moose, then in November for B&C Elk and will not have any reservation taking shots out to 800 yards. Should be a fun season!

My Scope is a Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20x50.

Should have mentioned that I am getting 4" groups by shooting off of my packsack off of the hood of my truck. I am not a competition shooter, just a hunter.

Also at muzzle the numbers are Vel: 2602.3 and Energy is: 2856.6. I decided to go with the ABLR's because as a factory load the numbers are very similar to the .338. I do not load my own rounds because I simply do not shoot enough. From everything I have read the ABLR's are a great hunting round and puts down animals quickly. My last rifle was a Browning Mountain Ti 300 Win Mag and I was shooting 180 Gr. Nosler Accubonds with great success.

Taking it out in two weeks for it's first hunt for giant Moose, then in November for B&C Elk and will not have any reservation taking shots out to 800 yards. Should be a fun season!
Beware my friend when making range cards that their BC's are highly inflated so if you use their data you will be hitting rather low from 400yds on out.

If I remember right the correction is to subtract about 10% from what they publish and it will get you very close.

If you can I highly suggest working up a range card and then verifying/validating it at three ranges beyond 300yds.

Other than that I'd say you are well prepared and Suzie Q should be a whole lot of fun and play a big part in a great season for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.