You all are a bunch of knuckleheads!

Love my 6mm ARC, Areo upper w/18" bbl. and Ruger lower! Getting 2680fps with 105 gr. Berger VLD Hunter bullets 2725 fps. with Hornady 103gr. ELD-Xs! Here is a pronghorn I killed last fall with the Berger at a ranged 419yds.

Attachments

• DSC00746.JPG
    DSC00746.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 105
Scoured the web to find a 6ARC bbl for an AR build....found a 24" and put it together with all the good stuff....buddy bought the same bbl and a different brand also.....I have an AR 243LBC....I would sell the arc bbl's in a minute if I can get a fair (bout 60 rnds) price for it....factory ammo flattens primers, reloads max at about 28.0 gr of lever with 105's....on the 243 LBC I load 30.5 same powder/ bullet and am on the 4&5th loading....using Lapua brass on both, as brass is NON EXISTANT !!! I know the ARC was supposed to be the second coming, but I honestly believe it fell waaaay short, performance wise and build and case availability wise.....I am going to either another. 243LBC or 6x45....rsbhunter

There are no differents between a 6 arc and a 6 grendal. You can run a 7.62 x 39 through a grendal die that a arc die than shorten the case and your ready to go. You have to drop the charge a grain because of the larger primer. I have bolt and ar 6mm arcs and really like both.

🤣

I just sold two of my prize ARs. A 6.5G and a .224V. Now I start reading about the 6mm ARC. It looks like a great cartridge for the AR platform.

I'm checking prices on bolts and barrels. Seems like Faxon make get the nod with their Match Series 20" 1-7 (IIRC). I wish it were a 22" truth be told. I'll have to tear down my .223 Wylde upper to accommodate the conversion.

You guys are killing me!
E. Arthur Brown company has their 24" Stainless steel Ebco Accuracy barrel in 6 ARC for $269.00. These are precision barrels. I have 3 of them in 223 Wylde, and they are all three tack drivers. The problem with that caliber is finding loaded ammo, or brass for reloading.

In a bolt, the 6ARC, is comparable to Dasher, just more economic...I want one.
Dasher has a fair amount more powder capacity than the Grendel case and will feed from 6.8SPC Mags.

I actually have a cartridge drawing and dummy rounds loaded up to make a 6.5 Dasher. Just need to send it to Manson to make the reamer.

I don't understand how a 243 LBC can take 2.5gr more and show no pressure when loaded in the same case, same primer same bullet, oal, distance from lands, etc??? My friend that has the two different bbl's has primers pierce, and cases are one and done ....with factory ammo!!!!! I will look into a different cartridge...rsb

6.5 - 97 Gr Absolute Hammer problem solved, maybe not out to 600 yds but out to 400 is the ticket.
I seriously thought about doing a 6 ARC upper, but perusing all the data about it made my Grendel look like it will still be the go to in AR. I've only taken game out to 350 with it and 400 is about as far as I would give it a try, if it ain't broke don't fix it!!

6.5 - 97 Gr Absolute Hammer problem solved, maybe not out to 600 yds but out to 400 is the ticket.
I seriously thought about doing a 6 ARC upper, but perusing all the data about it made my Grendel look like it will still be the go to in AR. I've only taken game out to 350 with it and 400 is about as far as I would give it a try, if it ain't broke don't fix it!!
I have the 99 hammer hunters that I need to load up for mine.

I do and yes it is. After building and shooting the first one I started looking to the next one.
I know what 'cha mean. Never was a AR fan, told many friends and people that very same thing. Then I built one.....I just finished up my 3rd and my minds drifting again!
I studied up on the 6mmARC when I first heard of it but realized it doesn't do anything my bolt 6mmBR Norma doesn't do already. It's a heavy barreled Shilen pre-fit.
I'm thinking maybe something for a future hunt, possibly in IA, or maybe a AR10........ :)

I got my Seekins in and now I'm waiting on ammo to show up. Can't wait to try it out and see how it does out to 1000.