Yellowstone wolf population is declining

I'd believe the wolves have killed most of their preferred food off and moved on. It happens all the time with other predators . Look at lynx numbers up in Alaska if the snowshoe hare is up the lynx are on the up swing if hare numbers are down the lynx numbers plummet.
Same thing happened on my piece of property with cotton tail rabbits and coyotes . The first four or five years we lived here my rabbit dogs were in great shape and could easily run 6-7rabbits every outing. The coyotes moved in one winter and by spring we were only running on average one maybe two bunnies every couple outings. With some good ol serious trapping and shooting mr coyote at bait piles they kinda caught the hint . And the rabbit numbers are coming back up

It's time hunters take predators in our own hands. The courts and legislators are of no help as the bleeding hearts are in their pockets. Either we follow the the 3 rule, or there will not be big game animals to hunt. Don't tell your friends, family, and certainly no social media or pics. It's time to do what needs to be done with out pride and self.
Gonna come out here and kill some wolves are ya? mtmuley

You can buy 5 tags and legally kill 5 wolves each year in MT, You can shoot them from sept 15 to march 15.
Non-resident tags are 15 bucks, just five more than resident tags.
Do what you want, but if your shooting wolves during the season without a tag, your just poaching. I don't go anywhere during hunting season without wolf tags in my pocket and have yet to have a shot opportunity, lots of tracks but they are sneaky little buggers.
If it's out of season and you want to risk your hunting rights over it, shoot away, I really wouldn't care if we killed them all. There is a lot of tough talk going on, but know that you'll probably lose your rights, your rifle, and maybe your truck if you get caught.
MT has allowed electric calls and has shot down several attempts to block hunting and trapping wolves.
If you don't like them, come on up and give it a go, but I can assure you it's unlikely you'll run out of tags!!

You can buy 5 tags and legally kill 5 wolves each year in MT, You can shoot them from sept 15 to march 15.
Non-resident tags are 15 bucks, just five more than resident tags.
Do what you want, but if your shooting wolves during the season without a tag, your just poaching. I don't go anywhere during hunting season without wolf tags in my pocket and have yet to have a shot opportunity, lots of tracks but they are sneaky little buggers.
If it's out of season and you want to risk your hunting rights over it, shoot away, I really wouldn't care if we killed them all. There is a lot of tough talk going on, but know that you'll probably lose your rights, your rifle, and maybe your truck if you get caught.
MT has allowed electric calls and has shot down several attempts to block hunting and trapping wolves.
If you don't like them, come on up and give it a go, but I can assure you it's unlikely you'll run out of tags!!
Yep! Come here and shoot them! You can even brag about it and hang them on your wall. No shovels needed.

Best of luck to you all. I hope you get em all.

Like many, many, many for instances the government has stuck their butts into and made worse. Or flat out created a problem where none existed prior. The invasive species canadian timberwolf is part of Agenda 30, make no mistake. All part of the plan to make rural, self sufficient living too hard, too expensive, too dangerous, and push people into the large cities. Find a way to remove the game populations and we will be forced to buy food rather than hunt it. It's on the Georgia guide stones for peats sake. People keep sticking their heads in the sand, saying it doesn't effect them so they don't care, and things get worse. We all know what needs to be done. In regards to the wolves, and many other predators ruining our way of life. Sometimes I wonder where people's "line in the sand" is. If they even have one. The USFS stole the money to push forward the wolf introduction. They did so after the legislation was denied. They just stole the money and did it anyways without authority, 132 million if I remember correctly. Just like the USFS locks gates into public land every winter, and prevents us from accessing OUR lands. Then when they feel like it in the late summer they unlock the same gates. Never the same date, later and later every year. The USFS is left wing activists who violate rights constantly. Wolves being just one example.

You can't hunt any species to extinction. Each species has a purpose in the balance of nature.

Would you hunt rats to extinction? I would! Wolves are the same as rats. They spread death just like them only rats don't do it for fun like wolves do. Wolves kill to kill rats kill because they carry diseases and to eat. When there are no more wolves in the world I'll be happy.

They may be down in Yellowstone but they are still up and growing in N. Idaho! I seen another one just today. That makes it the sixth time I have seen wolves (heard them many more times) but have yet to get a shot. They are **** smart and fast as hell and silent.
A person is very lucky to be able to kill one while hunting. About the best chance to consitantly kill them is trapping and that is very time consuming, expensive and takes a ton of dedication. And then still ther are the great (well used to be great) areas to hunt elk or Mule deer that are a ways out to reach and no one traps in those areas do to the extra time and expense just to get there.
To add icing to the cake, I had seen wolves in a couple of my hunting areas BEFORE the were re-introduced

Would you hunt rats to extinction? I would! Wolves are the same as rats. They spread death just like them only rats don't do it for fun like wolves do. Wolves kill to kill rats kill because they carry diseases and to eat. When there are no more wolves in the world I'll be happy.
I think we have been trying to hunt rats to extinction for a while now. It's not working.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.