BELOVED YELLOWSTONE WOLF'S KILLING BY TROPHY HUNTER

The Grey wolf we see today is of average weight between 80-150 pounds for a male and 60 - 100 pounds for a female...it's only an average..wolves in the wild can live up to 16 yrs.

Depending on region and pressure and food source much larger wolves can be found..that's a given.

I have actively trapped over 40 yrs..even though the return is greatly reduced compared to when I started and have harvested wolves at both ends of the spectrum of weight and ages.

I regularly turn in jaw bones and other materials for testing and the biologists, give me a rundown on the approximate ages and I weigh the animals..this is more for my edification than anything.

So when I say easily weigh 80 lbs plus, I kind lump all the ages and male and female averages together...I do have to type this out and I am not writing a white paper for peer review...which the majority of the posters here would find overly boring.....

I think this is a spin off tactic, much like that dude that killed the "beloved" lion in Africa.

Personally, I'm all for buffer zones but I wouldn't mind seeing a buffer zone, 5 miles within the park boundaries to subdue excessive wolf population. That should give private ranchers in surrounding communities some relief from livestock predation.

I wonder how many "beloved" elk, deer, cattle and sheep have been lost to wolves.

Elk, deer, cattle, and sheep don't have the magic to the Disney types like wolves do. For whatever reason wolves seem to have a hold of many peoples emotions. Maybe there needs to be a live action movie (like the new "Jungle Book") showing the struggles of an elk herd trying to survive in an ever expanding wolf zone. Doesn't even have to be accurate, just has to portray the wolves in a negative light. You know, propaganda but the other way around.

This wasn't the University report I had looked up a few weeks ago but this is close
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...-endangered-status-because-its-just-a-hybrid/

IMO this article opens the discussion to endangered species and their offspring and just what we humans should be doing to preserve and protect species in the wild.

The article seems to state that hybrids (in this case the red wolf) should also be protected. It then goes on to state that maybe, since the red wolf is a hybrid and not protected that the grey wolf should be reintroduced as a top predator in the south!

This is crazy and highlights the flaw in the environmental protectionist thing. They are so concerned with protecting the existing gene pools and their external influences from humans, that they are actually starting to stifle the expansion of gene pools through selective evolution, and by that act are destroying what they strive to protect. You can see this with the spotted owl and the condor. After all the protection these creatures have received, nature is replacing them with the barred owl and turkey vulture respectively.

All the environmental protectionist have done over the last 30 or so years is to ruin small towns, economies and livelihoods. Now with the wolf, they are doing it to hunting, which does sustain a lot of rural regions of the US with the income provided by catering to hunters.

I believe we would all be better off, if we as humans, stopped trying to protect species that are being selectively replaced by evolution. That selective evolution is what will really protect and ensure that Gods green earth survives in the future.

I also believe that we, as humans, have a right to protect wildlife that benefits us, like our big game herds. They provide out communities with income, food, and the ability to pass down cherished traditions, the way God pretty much intended.

Last edited:
Darwinism - the theory of the evolution of species by natural selection advanced by Charles Darwin.

Yea thats what I thought it was... But not sure if thats how you were using it.

God and Charles Darwin do not go together. Its like trying to make a foot into a brain..... It does not work.

Infact. Charles Darwin was out to prove there was NOT a God. Thats why he came up with what he did. He tired to disprove creation as Gods word said it IS. He is (was) a atheist. Interesting fact though. He is no longer a Atheist. But the sad fact is. Now its to late.

Gods word = Truth.

Charles Darwin theory (that's all it was and is) = Lies.

Carry on......

Respectfully disagree. In my eyes God used evolution to bring us forth and God uses it to this day to continuously change and develop the world as he sees fit.
I think Darwin saw the method, but not the why; then finally realised that only God really knows the why.

Even Einstein was this way, as I understand anyway. The more Einstein discovered the workings of the universe, the more he believed in the creator.

Yea thats what I thought it was... But not sure if thats how you were using it.

God and Charles Darwin do not go together. Its like trying to make a foot into a brain..... It does not work.

Infact. Charles Darwin was out to prove there was NOT a God. Thats why he came up with what he did. He tired to disprove creation as Gods word said it IS. He is (was) a atheist. Interesting fact though. He is no longer a Atheist. But the sad fact is. Now its to late.

Gods word = Truth.

Charles Darwin theory (that's all it was and is) = Lies.

Carry on......
AMEN brother....:)

"Science has nothing to do with Christ, except insofar as the habit of scientific research makes a man cautious in admitting evidence. For myself, I do not believe that there ever has been any revelation. As for a future life, every man must judge for himself between conflicting vague probabilities." Charles Darwin

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.