Yellowstone wolf population is declining

....Warden also told me if it happens again the 3s rule would work just fine........

Shoot: I follow a Canadian wolf guide online. 50% misses on bait sites this year. Generally a set shot from a blind, with a rest, with the shooter expecting a wolf encounter.

Shovel: The ground is frozen much of the year where wolves are an issue. Not frozen and it's still tough digging. Personally I believe it's why many of the indigenous peoples opted for scaffolds for their dead.

Shut Up: Most can't and the afore mentioned Warden is more likely than not to facilitate your arrest. Again why argue when he knows the chances of you ever killing said wolf is nil.

Last edited:
Listen to what's going on around Yellowstone about the wolf that was named and was shot by a hunter and how there claiming how much wolf watching is contributing to the economy.
Follow the money it decides alot of what is done anymore unfortunately.

Wolf watching may be adding to the YELLOWSTONE economy but if they would look at the whole picture that pales in comparison to what Elk hunters contribute to the economy when you add it all up- license, tags, clothing, other gear, hotel, food the whole picture...
That is in jeopardy of being lost if the Elk keep declining or the anti hunting/gun groups get their way.

Wolf watching may be adding to the YELLOWSTONE economy but if they would look at the whole picture that pales in comparison to what Elk hunters contribute to the economy when you add it all up- license, tags, clothing, other gear, hotel, food the whole picture...
That is in jeopardy of being lost if the Elk keep declining or the anti hunting/gun groups get their way.
Anti's and tree huggers contribute nothing to wildlife . They give to the Sierra club and save the whatever extorsionist groups. Prey on the bleeding hearts . Hunters contribute all the money towatds woldlife .

Well fortunately for Utah....the wolf travels on feet...and there are wolves in Utah.....overheard some guys in elko talking about it...
Just the start of a new pack....better kill them off before they become a cultural asset.....
They arent protected in Ut.. just another predator like coyote . No season or tag.

I don't know about that.
Summer traffic here in Jackson is insane. The vast majority of it is for the Parks. I can't even begin to imagine how hundreds of thousands of people come here during the summer.
Yellowstone gets over 4 million visitors a season.

And the visitors are mostly Asian...could be Chinese....see the buses flying up the freeways all the time now...
I bet a lot of these people accidentally get lost while traveling...and become localized illegal aliens.....

It's time hunters take predators in our own hands. The courts and legislators are of no help as the bleeding hearts are in their pockets. Either we follow the the 3 rule, or there will not be big game animals to hunt. Don't tell your friends, family, and certainly no social media or pics. It's time to do what needs to be done with out pride and self.
So much for ethical hunters.

Define ethical. Is it ethical to allow a tyrannical gov to wipe out our way of life, the existance of elk and mule deer? Or is it ethical to manage the packs for a balance?
Someone please tell me how many wolves I can view from my car while traveling out West. Wolf watching, really? Thousands of hunters collectively spend tens of thousands of days afield in Wyoming, Montana and Idaho and only a handful of wolves are seen due to their uncanny ability to avoid humans... but the economic impact of "wolf watching" is a viable argument? I think not. Just another lie in their arsenal.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.