2 - 5 shot groups fired back top back
550 yards
41.7 grs Varget / 175 SMK / 2550 fps
00310.jpg

Longshot Rifles A5 300wm
550 yards
74.0 grs H1000 / 220 SMK / 2835 fps

P2264356.jpg

Impresive indeed. Just another reason for me to get "OVER EXCITED" for my LSR 6.5-284. Hey Ric..Next time you post photos..Put something in the pic for scale. Someone might really get an appreciation for the group size.

Just a thought

Joe

Those groups are huge , I can't believe that you posted that nonsence on here , for god sake that must be like a 4" group or something

What would be impressive is if you could do that shooting from prone at around 500yds or so.

Just kidding Ric that is impressive , I figured that you had all but abandoned your lil old 308 for the new 300

Now boys.. all ya gotta do is ask....

Joe I spent the afternoon las t week watching Mr. Longshot do his thing... simply incredibly interesting... tha man knows what he's doing....

JD.... yeah man.. I know ... face in the dirt...550 yards.. 10 mph wind... mirage... a fixed 10X scope...all that crap.... but hey I'm working on it....

man I love that 308.... still my "goto" rifle.. Ihate it hough .. actually boring.. just point and shoot... bang ding.. bang ding... LOL!!!!!

here ya go guys....

P2264358.jpg

P2264359.jpg

Ric, did you blow ALL your money on rifles and scopes?
Looks like you stole that "target" from a kindergarten art class, Bro!!...sakofan... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good shootin!!!

Ric

I envy you being able to watch the master at work. And another thing. The guy has the patience of a saint. I swear I must of called and emailed him a million times.."Can I do this..Will you do that" Funny thing...Everything I asked he already knew to do!!

Soon..I'll be posting as impresive groups with my LSR. Shooter able of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW..Thanks for the quarters in the pics. I knew the groups were impresive...But showing the wife, she had a look on her face like big deal, until she saw the quarters and I explained the range.

Joe

sako fan....

yeah yeah... I get that crap all the time... ;-)
I figure why spend money on pre printed targets.. no-one really makes one the way I want anyway.... so I just go buy a huge tablet of white paper and play with my crayons.... just seems to work out better....

I get sooo much crap from everyone that I decided ...hell maybe its my trademark now... ;-)

Len offered to set up a fund for me a while back... I guess the fund raiser never worked out.... :-(

Ric,

Very nice, anytime you can put five shots on the head of a rockchuck at 550 yards you are getting some serious consistancy. Obviously you can load fine ammo and have very good marksmanship skills.

Congrats, its suprising what the "little" 308 will do at longer ranges if given a chance.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I feel ya on the 308 being boring , I have one that seems to never miss , when push comes to shove and the shot HAS to count that is the rig that comes out always on and always consistant. Now all I need is $1500 to get another S&B scope for it.
Those sure are nice arn't they
its got a IOR on it now but I'd like a little more power and resolution at long range that the S&B offers.

Ric - quit yanking on the trigger and squeeeeeeze it. Then you won't have to use such a large coin. I mean a quarter c'mon man you can do better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Very impressive indeed! I'm jealous. Not only do I not have a rifle capable of that yet, the shooter is still lacking.
I'm working on it though.

Cowboy... I shoot alot...well.. as much as the wife lets me... so.. it took me a few years to get that repeatable... mind over matter really.... you'll get there....

Sniper....

Those groups we shot with a USO ST-10 fixed 10 power.... so needless to say I am quite please.. if I had 20X i figure I could take a good inch off the groups....

Ric--looks like someone else likes your targets too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif LMAO!

any word on the can?

advice when you get it--make a double thick cordura wrap that holds to itself with velcro--should help you with mirage from the can (terje338 at SH i believe has a pic of his 338 with a cordura condom)

also, as much as you shoot, dont forget about the nasty by-product of shooting thru a can...WATER!!! dont let the can on and if you do, store muzzle down.

I have been burnt on this (pitted my 223 bore bout 1.5" in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) DOnt want to see that happen to yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

take care,
Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.