Wyoming units 18 & 19

Nimrodo

The wife and I will be making our first trip to Wyoming in October as well as our first pronghorn hunt.
Wyoming G&F list units 18 & 19 as having very limited public land hunting but they do contain a unit of Thunder Basin NGL and also Weston Recreation Area which seems to be mostly BLM.
I was wondering if anyone here might be able to provide some insight on those areas?

I've hunted in 19 and it is limited public land, but there were lots of antelope there. Get an electronic mini sd-card with topographic boundaries to plug into your gps so you can find where to go. They are sold here on Long Range Hunting. Also go to the DNR office in Gillett and the people will show where to go on their maps.

joseph

Joseph-
Thank you very much for the reply. I was getting a little anxious about finding a place to hunt but your reply was a great relief.
I just did receive the GPS Hunting Wyoming micro chip yesterday for my Garmin 450T and will be studying the area with great interest. It really does look like an indispensible tool for this kind of hunting. Not cheap but a lot better than a trespassing ticket.
Good luck to you and thanks again.

I would suggest staying south of I-90. Winter kill a couple of years ago lost 70percent in places up north. The further south the better. Was out scouting several times lately. About 6 times as many antelope South. Public ground around Weston used to hold some antelope. Didn't see any there a couple days ago. Good luck. Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.