Wyoming/Montana Custom Rifle Builder

Looking to finally have my early '90s 700 25-06 rebarrelled and accurized. This gun is incredibly special to me and am looking for a quality, precision rifle gunsmith anywhere really in Wyoming/Montana. I'll gladly travel for craftsmanship, but am located between Cody, WY and north to the MT border. Some that I've heard good things about have been Misery Customs, Macs Gunworks, and Snowy Mountain Rifles. Any input?

Looking to do:
26" 1-7.5 or 1-8 twist 25-06 Ackley Improved, Throated for 133/135 Bergers.
Stock bedded/fitted
Trigger
DBM
Cerakote/Bead Blast
The one gunsmith has left Snowy Mountain Rifles the other month. That a long drive. He has relocated. If I am correct his Phone # is (406) 369-3007. I left that part of the country just as he was moving. There is a man from middle Montana that has been blogging here on High Velocity Throat Erosion just as of late. He seem to be a top notch smith too. (FIFTYDRIVER). There another one in Wheatlen Wy I believe.

Adding to the list would be Peter Angelos of Omega Precision in Gillette.
Chuck has built several rifles and even more specialty pistols for me, and they are great performers.
Peter has built me two so far, and they have had stellar accuracy too.
I forgot about Peter. Don't tell him.

Honestly there isn't a drive too far, I'm originally from the East (NY/PA) and with all of the quality gunsmiths in the west I planned to ship or deliver the gun by hand, this was before I made the move out here. So really, wherever. I have taken notes and will be in contact with the most reputable guys mentioned here, can't stress how much I appreciate the information.

Looking to finally have my early '90s 700 25-06 rebarrelled and accurized. This gun is incredibly special to me and am looking for a quality, precision rifle gunsmith anywhere really in Wyoming/Montana. I'll gladly travel for craftsmanship, but am located between Cody, WY and north to the MT border. Some that I've heard good things about have been Misery Customs, Macs Gunworks, and Snowy Mountain Rifles. Any input?

Looking to do:
Stock bedded/fitted
Trigger
DBM
Cerakote/Bead Blast
You might try Ricochet Custom Firearms - 406-690-4985, or Montana Accuracy Firearms - 406-671-2376, both located in Billings. I have no experience with either, just know of them.

Looking to do:
Stock bedded/fitted
Trigger
DBM
Cerakote/Bead Blast

I did forget about Omega & kinda feel bad about it. He does really good work & seems to be a stand up guy.

I've had several rifles built at LRI, Chad & team take gun plumbing to a whole 'nother realm. Beware, the Sturgis bike rally starts next week lol

t

I'm not dead set on any one brand, probably going off the smith's recommendation, staying away from carbon most likely though.

Agree with this, work with your smith. Let him guide you on a barrel. I did not want to be the guy insisting on brand X when the gunsmith did not "support" X. My thought, if the gunsmith was involved all the way through, there would not be finger pointing between smith and barrel manufacture if it did not shoot. Yes there is the thought that a good reputable smith would make it right regardless, and that is true.