Wyoming Antelope Area 8

Harpoon brother

Drew my 2nd choice and got a area 8 tag. I'm very excited this will be my first Lope hunt and my first rifle hunt, being I live in S. Michigan's shotgun zone.

Hopefully the WIHA areas don't decrease, and I can get a positive response back from a landowner.

Anybody go recommendations for staying in Newcastle, Lusk or somewhere in between?

We stayed at the Fountain Inn in New Castle one night on the way back. Lots of hunters there and hunter friendly, they even had a game skinning area. I'll be trying to get leftover doe tags in 9, will be hunting walk in and state land there.
The motels in Lusk book up fast so better reserve one quick. We were tent camping and one night a cold front came though, wind was blowing 30 mph plus. No luck getting motel in Lusk so we just stuck it out in tents.

What week were you out there? We are thinking about tent camping or pulling a trailer and staying on the landowners land. Also got a reduced tag for area 9, and planning on maybe getting 1 more. Going to hunt public there.

I live just east of Newcastle and hunt area 7.

It takes less then 30 minutes to get to my area, HOWEVER, I camp in a tent in the area.

Motels or hunting from the house isn't the same. Nothing like laying out at night listening to the night time prairie sounds. Coyotes howling 'n such.

I just use a little one man tent, little MSR Firefly stove to make my coffee.

You're missing the best part of the hunt staying in motels.

As to Newcastle, several motels, if you get up early, and all the restaurants are closed there is the HI 16, across from the Chevy Dealer on the west end of town. They will be open 24 hours during hunting season, good food, reasonable prices, friendly people. Wifi if you want to text the folks back home.

Also the Weston County Sprortsman's Club has a range right in town. The last two days prior to hunting season its open for "sight in days". I'll be there one or both days. Range goes to 300 yards including gongs at 300.

See you there. If you need info on the range or sight in days, let me know.

My Antelope Set Up.

antelope%20camp.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.