Wyoming 2011 Elk Hunt for Lerch and Bill Bailey!

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
Hi all,

Well BJ and myself finally drew some elk tags this year. BJ got us chummed up with a friend in WY a while back and he has kindly allowed us to hunt on his 14K acres. Its a unit 5 tag which is not known for massive bulls but this is also due alot to the fact that it is primarily privately owned land, not alot of BLM .

We are starting the hunt on Oct 1st and plan on doing alot of documentation, by photography and hopefully a decent amount of video if a few variables pan out for us. This will be both BJ and myself's first time elk hunting so any tips are greatly appreciated. I will be shooting my surgeon 7mm WSM and BJ will most likely be shooting his new DTA rifle in a unknown caliber. THe area is just west of Wheatland, WY if anyone knows the area.

thanks
steve

Yes I know the area and there are some nice bulls in there. Depending on what I draw this year if I have some free time I can come over and call one in for you. They will be bugling well at that time.

a big hope of ours would be that the bulls would be bugeling then so that is nice to hear. just getting to hear them will be a awesome exerince for us!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.