Wyoming Elk Hunt!

Well, my dreams came true. I finally bit the bullet and went to Wyoming with a Guide. Used Triangle X Outfitters and was not disappointed. This outfitter met every expectation and then some. I've never met a group of people who were more intent on getting you the best experience they could. From food to the stock they provided, they were fantastic. The horses were amazing and did their job very well. I took a Seekins 300 PRC, shooting 210 VLD Hunting. Shooting at 3025 FPS. I had practiced from all ranges and felt prepared. Ended up shooting my bull at 307 and the Berger worked flawlessly. I don't have any other experiences with other outfitters, but I cant expect they could do much better. It is a long ride to camp (20 Mi) but the scenery is 2nd to none. This hunt was not one that had the elk lined up though., It is a Wilderness Hunt and you need to hunt them. The camps have electric fences around them to deter the bears, but I didn't see any. I didn't get the antlers back yet, but the owner said he is thinking about 315", which is a bull that I am extremely happy with and cant wait to get back. View attachment 500393View attachment 500394View attachment 500395View attachment 500396View attachment 500397
Fantastic bull! And a hunt in an area like that is unforgettable!! Congratulations!!

Just to add to the Berger 210 VLD hunting bullet. When i say it performed flawlessly, It did as advertised. This was a complete pass through w great expansion. I was skeptical using the bergers, because every other post said to not use them on elk. People either hate them or love them. The exit wound was about 1.5". Hit a rib in and out. Not sure i would take a shoulder shot though. Bull ran about 50 yards after impact.

20 mile ride to camp on horse back! My butt would be sore lol. Nice elk. How many points to draw?