Wyoming Elk Hunt!

samson

Well, my dreams came true. I finally bit the bullet and went to Wyoming with a Guide. Used Triangle X Outfitters and was not disappointed. This outfitter met every expectation and then some. I've never met a group of people who were more intent on getting you the best experience they could. From food to the stock they provided, they were fantastic. The horses were amazing and did their job very well. I took a Seekins 300 PRC, shooting 210 VLD Hunting. Shooting at 3025 FPS. I had practiced from all ranges and felt prepared. Ended up shooting my bull at 307 and the Berger worked flawlessly. I don't have any other experiences with other outfitters, but I cant expect they could do much better. It is a long ride to camp (20 Mi) but the scenery is 2nd to none. This hunt was not one that had the elk lined up though., It is a Wilderness Hunt and you need to hunt them. The camps have electric fences around them to deter the bears, but I didn't see any. I didn't get the antlers back yet, but the owner said he is thinking about 315", which is a bull that I am extremely happy with and cant wait to get back.
Bull Pic 1.jpg
Bull Pic 2.jpg
View attachment
Wyoming.jpg
Ride In.jpg