Wyatt's Box Question

Left Hand Dave

Is it worth wile to install a Wyatt's box in rifles chambered for the RUMs and Nosler cartridges? Are there any drawbacks to them? Just looking for information and what I want to do to get some actions ready for future builds.

Any responses are appreciated.
Dave

I use them on all my custom builds. It allows you to throat the chamber longer so your not seating your bullets down in the case. I have used both but prefer the center feed over the staggered.

I also just installed one on my 7 mm stw sendero I can touch the lands with 180 bergers now.

I am going to send out one or two 700 mag actions to have the feed rails opened up for the bigger cases and thought I may want to get it milled for the box too so this is good information. I really appreciate the replies.

Dave

What do you mean on making sure it feeds properly, what problems are you seeing when installed? I have used one staggered feed, and it didn't need any adjusting. On the center feed boxes all you have to do is bend the feed lips on the mag box with pliers so it holds the right amount of tension on the case.
I have done several it is really easy.

You can't load your loaded rounds from the top. And make them feed properly. Other option is, loading from the bottom. I would suggest watching Kevin Wyatt's video, he can explain it better than I can.
Wyatt's Outdoors,Inc.
Look for installation instructions. There is a video that explains how the adjust the box and spring.

Looks like I have to use one on a 6.5 SS Mag I want to build just so I can use the flat follower. They didn't make left hand 700 SAUMs and I haven't seen any aftermarket followers. All tis information is helping a lot.

Dave

You can't load your loaded rounds from the top. And make them feed properly. ....

I believe you can. I have a 30 caliber Wildcat made from a RUM case that is almost identical in size to the Nosler cartridges. I'm using a CFE-12 magazine box. I can load it from the top and it feeds like Goose Grease.

Last edited:
I have five different rifles with wyatts mag boxes,and i load all of them from the top.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.