Wyatts Magazine Boxes

adamjp

I'm looking to build a short magnum on a Rem 700 short action. For the first time, I am considering a Wyatt extended magazine box.

Can people please fill me in on the differences between the MBE-4, the MBE-5 and the SA Mid Length box? I have picked up that the MBE-5 is a centre feed, the 4 a staggered feed.

No idea on how many held by the magazine box, true OAL, will typical WSM/SAUM cartridges feed from these boxes without too much tweaking, etc.?

The Wyatts website is worthless in explaining things so I'm looking for some good information.

If you call the Wyatts contact number, you will get the man himself who can fill you in on which product to purchase. Now to your question.

Either will work, however I find the center feed to cycle much more smoothly than the stagger feed. Also, when you call him, you can relay to him the intended cartridge use and he will adjust the lips if it is going to be a centerfeed.

https://redhawkrifles.com/wyatts-extended-magazine-boxes/
Red hawks page has a good description for the different models. In short, CFE is the centerfeed line. The MBE-4 is for shortmag rounds, the MBE-5 is for standard short action rounds (.308, 6.5 creedmoor, etc).

You may still want to reach out and check. I got an MBE-4 for my 6.5 PRC but now they have a PRC specific one. Every once in a while my follower hangs up, wondering if the PRC box would fix it. Not sure if they would recommend the MBE-4 or PRC box for the SAUM, likely depends on where the shoulder is.

I used the Bainey box as its a bit longer. The action was already a WSM action. After modifying the bottom metal and lengthening the gap on the feed rails, it took 5 min to adjust the location of the follower to get it to feed right.

Call them on the number on website. Owner picks up the phone and will tell you anything you need to know. He was very helpful.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.