wyatts box mag, do I need a new follower and spring

toddconley1

I just installed a wyatts in a winchester model 70 post 64 and it feeds like crap. I dont think the follower is long enough and I dont think there is enough spring pressure. Can anyone give me some experience with this setup? Ideas on how to make it feed?

What caliber do you have? I had to buy the center feed mag box for my 338 lapua it came with a flat follower which is what it needed. so you can try a flat follower or manioulate the lips of the box. just have to mess with it and see what works. fat cartriges like the lapua feed well in the center though.

I just installed a wyatts in a winchester model 70 post 64 and it feeds like crap. I dont think the follower is long enough and I dont think there is enough spring pressure. Can anyone give me some experience with this setup? Ideas on how to make it feed?

Contact Wyatt's directly: Wyatt's Outdoor Custom Rifles - Magazine Boxes

He'll set you up--sounds like you didn't get the follower and spring. Interesting. He can supply those for you or advise you on what to get otherwise. Good luck.

I put a wyatt in my sendero 300RUM, I had to tinker with it to get it to feed right, I guess on some you have to shave some from the top of the magazine box itself, I didn't have to do that. It works like a charm now. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.