• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS APS full custom 375 RUM

I could be open to trades for other high-end custom guns or optics. Let me know what you have.

Would you have any interest in a new (never installed) Leupold VX-7L 3.5-14x56mm LR? This has the lighted Boone & Crocket reticle & comes with 34 mm rings & Leupold lens covers. Leupold Scope #63175. I got it for Christmas but had already bought a scope for the rifle this was meant for. Looks to be quite a scope.

I've also got 2 rifles with scopes if you are interested: Tikka T3 in .270WSM with a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x50, and a Rem 700 XCR in .270WSM with a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x44, Both had scopes mounted & were sighted in but have yet to hunt.

Let me know if you have interest in any of these. Perhaps we could put together a deal.

Sorry, Buano. For optics I am looking for tactical style scopes along the lines of US Optics, Nightforce, Premier Heritage, etc.

I'm also looking for more of a high-end custom rifle.

Thanks so much for the offer, but I will have to regretfully decline.

I left you a message, but I thought I would back it up with a message here. I am interested in your rifle, but I have a lot of other expense associated with gearing up for a 2011 hunt. I do not have a lot of trade material, but here goes: I have a 340 Weatherby built by Robbie Barrkman (Robar Insdustries). It is built on a Winchester stainless CRF action, I believe it has a Kreiger barrel, muzzle brake, McMillan Fibermark stock, Roguard on the barrel and all metal except for the bolt which has NP3. It has a Swarovski 3X9 scope in Talley mounts. I could also throw in a Browning stainless A-bolt in 7mm Remington mag with a 3X9 Swarovski scope in Conetrol mounts.

Sorry, Buano. For optics I am looking for tactical style scopes along the lines of US Optics, Nightforce, Premier Heritage, etc.

I'm also looking for more of a high-end custom rifle.

Thanks so much for the offer, but I will have to regretfully decline.

I had to ask. Definitely no offense taken on this end!

TDD,

I got your voicemail. That 340 Weatherby sounds like a really nice rifle, but I don't really need another 338. Thanks for the offer.

Just to give a bit more information on this rifle. It was built as a pair for Jed and also one exactly the same for his Dad to take to Africa. Both rifles were very portable. In fact I was a bit concerned about how comfortable they would be to shoot but they turned out to be very shootable. I would not say warm and fuzzy but with the 260 gr Accubond, **** close to it.

If someone wants a serious hammer that you could pack most of a day in pretty much any country if your in good shape, this would be a great rifle. For shooting out to 700 yards or less, the 260 gr Accubond gives up very little. Yes it does not shoot quite as flat as some of the smaller calibers and may have slightly more drift out to these ranges but when it lands on target you will see the true advantage of the big 375 cal bullet, especially on game such as elk.

Jed is offering around $600-$700 worth of loading componants with this rifle so consider getting a $3500 class rifle that has barely been broken in for about $1300 off new price. At least back then. Now this rifle would be very close to $4000 using same componants. In my opinion, knowing the owner very well and how the rifle was used, this is a steel, in fact he could ask $1000 more for this package and it would still be a pretty good deal.

If I had a moose hunt booked I would buy this rifle back from Jed in a heartbeat but the critters I hunt do not require a 375 at this time.

If you want a very good quality rifle that is large enough for any game on the planet, this is a hell of a deal being offered.

Thanks for the additional information, Kirby. I hate to let this rifle go as it has served me very well, but I would rather it go to someone who will use it. It has sat in the safe for too long.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but Kirby has built me a number of firearms, and I can't say enough good things about his work and his character. Every rifle that comes out of his shop is a work of art, functions flawlessly, and shoots impeccably. I would put his work up against any gunsmith in the country. And he is a **** nice guy to boot who has always gone above and beyond to ensure that I have been happy with every build.