• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS 300 RUM rifle

azsugarbear

300Rum1.jpg

S4010056.jpg

300RUM2.jpg

300RUM3.jpg

It hurts, but I need to let her go. This is a custom built 300 RUM on a REM 700 action. Specs are as follows:

Rifle: A custom build by master gunsmith: Dave Argenbright. Action was blueprinted. Bolt & receiver were trued, bolt lugs lapped, bolt face opened, rails were polished, face of action was milled flat and threads re-cut. Barrel was cut, crowned, threaded, indexed and chambered in 300 Remington Ultra Magnum (RUM) with a reported 200/1000 inch of freebore. Vais brake machined and threaded to muzzle. Recoil lug installed. Finish on barrel was bead-blasted matte and left in white. Factory trigger. Barreled action bedded with aluminum pillars. (gunsmithing - $700)

Action: Donor action was a Remington 700 Sendero in a right hand, long action with jeweled bolt. Standard Remington safety with Remington BDL bottom metal. Receiver includes Leupold dual dovetail bases & 30mm rings in matte. (action & scope bases/rings - $425)

Barrel: Lilja stainless steel barrel with #6 contour and 27" finished length. Barrel is 30 caliber with 3-groove rifling and 1-12 twist. Barrel was fluted and then cryo-treated by Lilja. Break-in process was per Lilja specifications. (barrel - $475)

Brake: Vais stainless steel (brake - $100)

Recoil Lug: Tubb oversized recoil lug (lug - $30)

Trigger: Factory Remington trigger (trigger - n/a)

Stock: Ross laminated thumbhole stock in grey/black with two (2) sling studs, one back & one in front. The action is pillar bedded using aluminum pillars and Brownell's Steel-Bed. (stock - $180)

Bipod: Harris 6-9" folding leg bi-pod with spring-loaded, telescoping legs. (Bi-pod - $50)

Total Cost: $1,960

Asking $1,300 shipped to CONUS. Contact: [email protected]

She shoots .5-.65 moa with 200 gr. AB with a muzzle velocity
of 3,200 fps. 180 gr. TSX at 3,400 fps. About 420 rounds down the tube. Also have Redding dies, brass & about 500 count of Nosler 200 gr. AB that could go with rifle for addl. dollars. Scope can also be included:

Scope: Leupold VX-III 6.5-20X50mm Long Range Target with 30mm tube (model #57890). Scope has factory target knobs (windage & elevation) with side parallax focus. Reticle is a fine duplex. Mounted to action using Leupold dual dovetail bases and rings. Leupold 2.5" shade also added. Finish on scope, bases & rings is matte black. Scope can be included for $700.

If you are interested in selling the 200 AB's shoot me a price please.

Sorry about the slow response. My daughter got married this past weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If rifle doesn't sell, then I will probably continue to keep & shoot her. If rifle sells, but buyer doesn't want the bullets, I'll send you an email. Thanks for the interest.

By the way, nice rig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Interested in a trade? Got a 280AI. Will give you specs and pics if interested.

Normally, I would be interested, but Fiftydriver is currently building me a 6.5-06 AI. I need to raise some cash to get this project done. Thanks for the offer.

Good luck with your new build. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif