WSM Wildcats? 350 cal?

Don't wish to hijack the thread but am I to understand correctly Iowa DOES NOT have a maximum case length law? If so that's awesome for you guys. As stated IN has a 1.8" max case length for public ground and if I wish to hunt with my beloved 336c's in 35 Remington I have to trim the cases from 1.9"-1.8" kind of a PITA.
I am told the IN DNR LEO carry a credit card like measuring tool to check for max case length so I don't wish to risk a problem if I don't trim my 35 Rem cases.

180gr Hornady SP equals lights out a hole lot of critters and if u need more shoot the heavier bullets
image.jpg

I saw TS custom rifles mentioned they built a couple 35wsm for Iowa guys. A friend built a smokeless. Three of us each took a shot at 400 yards with it on a windy day and it was a 2 inch group. That's pretty impressive to me for a muzzleloader with 3 different shooters. You could use that in the gun seasons and late muzzleloader.

Thanks guys, might ask a gun smith or 2 about the 358 Sambar. No I won't be doing the work myself, just fire forming brass. Probably just keep about 100 rounds for this. I farm next to a public hunting, and its grown over for cover with no food source, so I get about 40 deer at a time hitting that 60 acres. Not good, I hate when the DNR buys land then lets the fields grow over in thickets. The Mega might be too much for me and I'd like a bit flatter round than the Whelen.

Getting the Whelan to shoot flat is about bullet choice. You don't need to shoot 225s or 250s at Illinois/Indiana deer. Use a 180 or 200g bullet. There are even factory loads like that. Also if you are on private in Indiana you can use whatever you want now, 6.5creed to 338wm

I'll look into the 350 Rem Mag, it seems like a shorter belted mag in the pics you show, that's what I was thinking shooting a 200gr bullet, or smaller. Deer don't seem that hard to kill. Years ago I took my 250 Savage to southern Iowa when Iowa had an extra antlerless season open in southern counties. That was fun, did get to use my 7mm once too.

Thinking about a rifle for Iowa for next year to go hunt with buddy of mine. Seen your thread here and was curious to see what you ended up doing?