.243 wsm and wildcats?

strictlyRUM

I have an extra barrel and really like my new manners stock. So I was thinking of a switch barrel 270/300 ultra and a 243 wsm? Has anyone pushed the 6mm wild cats very fast. Or anyone try that wildcat yet? Just wondering. I have brass, bushing dies for 300 and 243 wssm for neck down, and and extra 300 or even 7 wsm reamer I could have Dave grind down to 243. Just wondering how much speed or bullet that a 10 twist lawton 6 groove would handle infront of that much powder. It would just be for coyotes and rock chucks and the occasional powder jug at 800 -1000 or however far we dare. I know barrel life would be short. But so is life. Burn lots of powder! Any probs I might run into? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Jason

I have a 6mm-300wsm and love it! Mine has been very easy to get an accurate load for. I am shooting the 85gr. Barnes XLC at a vel. of 3850fps. with 74grs. of Ramshot Magnum powder.

I only got to take it hunting one day and shot 2 whitetail does and it killed like lighting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.