423 Dakota brass and wildcats

I only have a 30-338 Norma Imp and a 7-338 Norma Imp that uses the stuff. I haven't had time to do much with the 7. I should have more time in the next few months though. The 30-338 shoots 230 Bergers mostly in the .1's at 3045fps with the Dakota brass and keeps doing it round after round without having to FL size. The way my reamer is set up along with turning necks I don't size the case at all. I pop the primer out, seat a new one, fill it with 92grs of R-33, and seat the bullet. I've run it up over 3100fps but it shoots around .5" there instead of .1's. I keep hoping for a screamer group but it hasn't happened yet. It's probably me not the gun. I'm pretty sure 50 rounds of brass with wear out either barrel so I have more than a life time supply.

I thought about building a 338 version too but I enjoy shooting the smaller calibers more when they are lighter weight hunting rifles. I already have a 338 Edge 17lbs rifle and a 338 Norma Imp would be the same thing just shorter with better brass, although the Bertram Edge brass is pretty stout.

Be nice if I could find some of that brass lol. I should have bought some when grafs had it. Was way cheap! Now I'm stuck with norma brass and this 300 norma, I was to slow hahaha.

Kasey

He has developed the line of cartridges, the PRO series. Pretty much 338/300 Norma cases blown out and increased shoulder angle for max capacity. They're very interesting and perform quite well.

Whatever happened to this thread?
Pro has a new cartridge called the LRC (Long Range Competition). A little Info is out on it, it looks similar in design as the ss line except on a lupa mag case that is shortened to 2 inches. Looked like it has a 40 degree shoulder and taper blown out for something like 10 more grains water capacity than the ss to feed out of a short action or a long action. Hoping it pans out a 7mm LRC with the 180 eldm would be a mean combo.
Mike

He is testing two versions now. One with a rebated rim to work with a mag bolt face and another for the lupa bolt face. He also mentioned the possibility of high quality US made brass too.

I
He is testing two versions now. One with a rebated rim to work with a mag bolt face and another for the lupa bolt face. He also mentioned the possibility of high quality US made brass too.
Saw these on his FB page, would be a very cool cartridge on a medium length action loaded to say 3.2" oal with long heavies. I'm not a huge fan of the feeding issues possible with a 40° shoulder on that short a cartridge, since saum and wsm cases have feeding issues sometimes from bdl setups.

Reviving an old thread, I can't believe this didn't catch on more. With all the short mag craze going on the last several years I'm surprised that Alaskan Short Magnum didn't catch on somewhere. I would think that 300 would be similar in performance to a 300 win mag but much more efficient in shorter barrels