WOW at one time..... royinidaho

Coyboy

Was going thru some old stuff and found this post by Roy,

"I'm a fairly infrequent poster" Kinda grabed my eyes!

You've graduated Roy!

royinidaho
Platinum Member
Find Me on the Map Join Date: Jan 2004

Re: LRH stewardship, thoughts and some decisions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a fairly infrequent poster but..... here's my 2cents.

I figured I would like to be member number 2000. That would be like having a cool license plate. Way back in November, I started keeping track of the growth rate and did some mathematical projections. (Kind of like curve fitting a drop chart).

I jumped on the board on the projected date and registered.

You can see what my number is and do you're own "thinking" about the growth rate.
(Some of us are just wierd that way)

I appreciate the information that I have learned since lurking and posting that have allowed me to extent my range out to 500+ on my "steel" coyote.

Have since purchased a laser range finder, no wonder I was always shooting over things all those years.

Have upgraded to Mil-Dot scope and spent time developing drop charts etc.

Figure I have dumped several hundreds of $ into the economy because of knowledge gleaned from this site. (Experience is the best teacher, as long as it is someone elses experience). I appreciate thoses who are pushing the env. Just another thing to think.

This is a good forum

Regards

Well Roy you have 1 year on me, and 3200 post.

You've been very busy, keep it up.

Your post prompted me to take a gander at your web site.

I have a spot of bother with a project that you may be the fella to handle it.

I ended up with two good, most probably great barrels.
I had a REM 722 that was due for some tinkerin'.

I screwed off the the old barrel, cleaned up the thread (read wire brush here:rolleyes:)

The two other bbls are a slow twist and a fast twist.
Both were made for the same action (40X)

I figured that if one barrel screwed in I could dink around with recoil lug thickness and get the head space correct.

However, as my luck goes, the slow twist barrel screws in very easily.
But the fast twist bbl makes it about half way then binds up (note I'm not using a vise and wrench here:rolleyes:)

This is one of those inexpensive builds and I'll like to do no more than necessary and really don't want to do anything to the barrels though I don't know if that's possible.

Any thot's.

Roy

Roy,

Check if the top of the threads are binding. I had a barrel do that. If that is the case, just touch them up with some 400grit.

I'm nothing more than a 'basement tinkerer' though, far from a gunsmith.

AJ

Check the tops like AJ said, May-be a dented thread top could cause binding, If thats it a triangle file could clean the spot up.

If the thread pitch dia. is too large the barrel would have to be put in the lathe, threads picked up and a thou of 2 taken off.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.