Wow! Anyone seen this? Remington Corelok

I have no mad idea how the flash holes got off-center and how that may affect your accuracy. I just think it's really cool you got them from your dad, and playing around with them made you think of your dad and it put a smile on your face. That's what matters the most. Enjoy the moment.
Yeah. I sure do miss him. He passed 3-25-22. Last fall was the first season with out him. First year I've missed hunting with him in 32 years. He broke his hip 6 years ago and after that he did most his hunting from the hunting camp window. So before I hit the woods opening day I set him up like the previous years. Cup of coffee and his favorite rifle. His dad bought him that rifle for his 16th birthday. Oh the stories that rifle could tell. REM 740 30-06 I've seen him kill oodles of deer, squirrels, rabbits, and one grouse with it. All with iron sights. He only put the scope on it a couple years ago.
DA7F5029-0898-472B-8A02-99D846F2B37A.jpeg

Oh ok. It's a fixed parallax. It's probably fixed at like 300 yards then if you don't have any parallax issues at 450
If I remember correctly they were set at around 100 yards back then. Most people didn't shoot beyond 300 yards on big game in those days.