Would you?

linksmechanic

Here's the predicament: I've been looking at binoculars for the past 3 months now and made my mind up that if I was gonna buy some they would be swarovski slc 10x50's. I don't have the money and probably wouldn't for a long time. Then I'm ebay surfing for the last couple of months passing up some pretty good deals and then bam! This guy list's a brand new 2006 pair of 10x42 el's for $999.00 buy it now. I didn't even have $20.00 at the time but my credit card company did. So I put them on my already maxed out credit card. I was a little worried that it was a hoax but three days later they came and wow! They are oustanding in every way. My question to you is this: would you have bought them given my situation?

Linksmechanic
Remember you ask what would I do!!
HELL NO!!!
The reason you don't have $20.00 is because your credit card is maxed!!!
There is two ways to look at interest, those that pay it, and those that collect it.
The final price with interest to the loan sharks won't make it a good deal!

But, now its a done deal hope you enjoy them!
CAM

[ QUOTE ]
My question to you is this: would you have bought them given my situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

What Cam said... you did NOT pay $999, so it was NOT a good deal - in the end, you will have paid a hellova lot more than that.

Been there, and learned the lesson (30 years ago) for a bargain gun that wound up costing me twice list price.

Hellova price for that "tee shirt".

Only because you asked :: NO

If I didn't have 20 bucks in my pocket and my credit card was maxed out I'd be buying a pair of used Bushnell binos and I'd learn to make due with them, at least for now.

How do you plan on buying brass, bullets, powder, etc? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Don't get me wrong - I've been in your shoes before, but I learned a hard lesson about having champagne taste and a beer pocketbook.

Either way - enjoy the binos, they'll provide a lifetime of great viewing.

first answer NO, terrible, they will cost you far more than $1000.

now it's not all bad.

now, sell them right now, make a profit and put it all toward your card balance! you will be poor forever if you continue with a maxed out Credit Cards. cut back on some stuff, and pay those things off. it's a lot more fun when you buy stuff to acctually own it!

make the hard choice now, you'll love yourself for it later!
good luck.
by the way, nice buy, now go sell it!

Well guys here's what I decided to do. I decided after looking through them I would sell kidnedy or my live any offers? Just kidddin. I'm gonna sell one of my hard drive camcorders and some other stuff to keep them as I just cannot come to sell them.

All credit cards belong locked up in the safe! Great to have for ordering and emergencies but hell to pay! ATM/DEBIT....(DEBIT..LEADS TO THE WORD BROKE!) cards just as bad! Use cash and you will feel that $100 bill when you spend it. And not Oh %$#@! yourself at the end of the month, When your bank statment comes.

Youll also soon learn to love the fact that all that money in your pocket doesnt belong to the credit card company!

Ive done the same thing you did but for some reason it took a few trips down the "BROKE" road to learn!

SHOULD HAVE SOLD THE CAMCORDER FIRST!

Feels wiered to give that speech rather than recieve it!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.