What would you do

idig4au

I want to swap out my scope on my 22-250 Supervarmit Master.

I'm debating between a Leupold Mark 4 in 4.5 -14 or a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14. What has the better glass?

I actually have a spare Mark 4 that isn't being used. Just trying to decided if I should try a Zeiss conquest as I have heard good things about them, but have no first hand experience.

Thanks

Like you, I have a MK4 and love it. I have no experience with the Zeiss other than one that I have seen and noticed that the turrets operated in the opposite direction as the Leupold. That might cause some confusion in the field when a quick scope adjustment is needed.

I would lean to the Mark 4 since I have them, and I have never used the Zeiss-Nothing against the Zeiss though.

I vote for the Zeiss. Both have great glass but the lash in the parralax adjustment on my Mark 4 is a pain compared to the Zeiss. The only drawback I have with the Zeiss is the adjustments are opposite Leupold. I looked thru a Nightforce thie weekend and was really impressed at the clarity so I thinking of selling the Mark 4 and breaking into the piggy bank to buy a Nightforce.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.