Work

I, like most of you have quit watching sports and the news on TV. The cowboy channel has been a breath of fresh air for me. Most rodeos start with a prayer and saluting the flag. Makes me happy unlike the other nonsense.
My Son was youth bull riding for a while before all of this CV19 got started. He was riding with Christian Youth rodeo association. They took a knee before the Rodeo to Pray. Maybe this is what our pro athletes should be doing. Taking a knee to Pray and give thanks for how blessed they are to be in a country where the get paid very well for something they enjoy doing. And to give thanks that they are in a country where people fought and died for their freedom to be able to take a knee for what ever it is that they are taking a knee for. That's what they don't realize, someone died defending their freedom for them to be able to take a knee because there are countries in which a person would probably be imprisoned or worse for not honoring that country's national anthem. China, Russia, & N Korea are just a few that come to mind.

Last edited:
I've got a leg not working well. It hasn't let me work, or do something worth posting about.

Closing in on retirement, I don't have a TV, and look forward to others posting here.
I had a Mishap about 13 years ago and I lost just about everything that I had I ended up living in my 1978 18 foot camper, No phone, No TV, just the necessities, It was one of the best times of my life, Simplicity is pure bliss, I hope you are healing well

Last edited:
The guy who runs the place I go pig hunting in GA stays so busy that he never watches TV and has not idea what is going on in the country. I so wish I could be like him. Last time I went down, he said he watched the news for the first time in over a year, again wish I could be like him, and all he could say was that the country was going insane. He never mentioned what it was that he saw or even which news outlet he watched. He has never alluded to what his political opinions are which I think is good business. We like it that way. We have a no politics rule when we go on these trips. We have friends who don't get invited because we know they can't help themselves.

I'm always glad to see your comments & advice on here. Folks like yourself make this the best site of it's subject matter. I've briefly browsed some of the other sites and there's a lot of nonsense & non-benificial childish bickering that goes on. Len along with People like yourself & a lot of the other members does a great job of keeping this pleasant site to visit.

Agree with @djfergus.

Thanks J E for all the info and knowledge you share with us here.

Sports I believe have becomed more of an entertainment or show, sometimes they feel like a soap opera, too much drama Lol.

Hope you are all doing well and stay safe

I agree with what has been said here but wish to elaborate without getting political. Sports show are entertainment, atheletes for the most part are entertainers, as well as the actors, actresses etc in Lala land. They are playing a GAME, that they played in their childhood. Yes they can get hurt but they still get their contractual pay. They think because they have so much and have done so well they are elite. If you are a worker that gets hurt you are usually financially hurt, badly. We, the truck driver, the farmer, the retail worker etc. are paying their salaries and they are there for our entertainment, not to try and force their views down our throats. Stop paying to see their games live and on TV. Stop buying their sneakers, T shirts, jerseys, team hats everything that is related to their income. Stop using products that sponsor them, wherever you can. Don't keep helping them, cut them out of your life as much and as oftenas you can.

I agree with what has been said here but wish to elaborate without getting political. Sports show are entertainment, atheletes for the most part are entertainers, as well as the actors, actresses etc in Lala land. They are playing a GAME, that they played in their childhood. Yes they can get hurt but they still get their contractual pay. They think because they have so much and have done so well they are elite. If you are a worker that gets hurt you are usually financially hurt, badly. We, the truck driver, the farmer, the retail worker etc. are paying their salaries and they are there for our entertainment, not to try and force their views down our throats. Stop paying to see their games live and on TV. Stop buying their sneakers, T shirts, jerseys, team hats everything that is related to their income. Stop using products that sponsor them, wherever you can. Don't keep helping them, cut them out of your life as much and as oftenas you can.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree 100%

.......I had a Mishap about 13 years ago and I lost just about everything that I had I ended up living in my 1978 18 foot camper, No phone, No TV, just the necessities, It was one of the best times of my life, Simplicity is pure bliss, I hope you are healing well........

I've done the trailer when power goes out.

I'll be OK, a little better here and there. No worries economically at this time.

Im in Western Canada...
The economy is pretty much on a stand still...
Those that have a job are lucky indeed...
Oil patch jobs are down...

Some oil patch services are going,,, no new wells on the books...

Farming is a go,,, logging will get going this winter,,, but North of the 49th is in the tank...

Big huge debit for the next generation,,, and there is no clear directions too get the North working...

If it does come back,,, it might be 20 too 30% of what it was...

We aint seen yet...

Don

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.