Back to work

I might well be one of the few here who can actually remember hearing FDRs famous day of infamy speech
on the radio.
We came from a very poor well behind position in that situation also, and we won.
We will win this one also, and at least for a time into the future, be better prepared because of it.
Non the less, caution at this point is sound advise.

WASHINGTON yesterday
1588686860007.png

NEW YORK 3 days ago
1588687339765.png

over the week end lowes and home depot parking lots are full to the gills, lines are 15 people deep, hundreds of people buying flowers, etc , most not wearing masks or practicing social distancing

not just the US-- this is in Japan
1588687597125.png

people won't listen or adhere, we will see another bloom and lock down again (I predict--hope its not true, but most likely will be)

I see lots of people wearing masks over their mouth, yet their nose is still exposed --- " its too hard to breath through a mask" they say---- masks provide a false sense of security in my opinion when worn improperly

Last edited:
Now, THAT takes discipline (or shear exhaustion) for sure!! I HATED wearing that stuff going through 'chemical training' in SWAT school.

Yes, it did but I find it easier than doning it half asleep. For training only purposes when I used to work in flightline aircraft maintenance, we use to remove the charcoal in our suits and drill out the canister, esp. in Arizona summers. ;)

I see lots of people wearing masks over their mouth, yet their nose is still exposed --- " its too hard to breath through a mask" they say---- masks provide a false sense of security in my opinion

I have to agree that It is harder to breathe with the mask worn properly, "BUT" It is much harder to breath when you are dead or dying. !!!! The mask may not help, but they cant hurt in my opinion.

Getting close to 79 I worry about my wife and I but I also worry about giving it to a relative or a friend. So I personally will continue to stay away from crowds and the un protected. Just common sense.

I have also been to some of the big stores and if they were crowded I just don't stop. I found that If I go to home depot at opening (6:00 am and use the door opposite the contractors door, I can get the things and check out without ever being near anyone. (Easy). 👍 👍

J E CUSTOM

WASHINGTON yesterdayView attachment 192076

NEW YORK 3 days ago
View attachment 192080

over the week end lowes and home depot parking lots are full to the gills, lines are 15 people deep, hundreds of people buying flowers, etc , most not wearing masks or practicing social distancing

not just the US-- this is in Japan
View attachment 192081

people won't listen or adhere, we will see another bloom and lock down again (I predict--hope its not true, but most likely will be)

I see lots of people wearing masks over their mouth, yet their nose is still exposed --- " its too hard to breath through a mask" they say---- masks provide a false sense of security in my opinion when worn improperly

I would imagine it's a heck of a lot harder to breathe with Covid 19!

A look at the pics fully explains why the U.S, as countries go, owns 1/3 of all cases in the entire world and well over 1/4 of the deaths. I used to feel we were a pretty advanced country and was extremely patriotic... with having 34 years in the military. I see these whiny-azzed cry babies wailing over having to reduce their foot print and the poor spoiled babies having to sit at home in the air conditioning forced to surf the net, game, watch Netflix and cookout. Oh the horrors! Bunch of spoiled brats. Granted, my heart goes out to those folks that have lost income... but Lord help us if we encounter a real challenge as our predecessors did in WWI-WWII, the American Revolution or the Civil War. We would be in serious trouble as most lack the spine or the moral and mental stamina to sacrifice just a bit for the good of our once great country.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagone it's a heck of a lot harder to breathe with Covid 19!

A look at the pics fully explains why the U.S, as countries go, owns 1/3 of all cases in the entire world and well over 1/4 of the deaths. I used to feel we were a pretty advanced country and was extremely patriotic... with having 34 years in the military. I see these whiny-azzed cry babies wailing over having to reduce their foot print and the poor spoiled babies having to sit at home in the air conditioning forced to surf the net, game, watch Netflix and cookout. Oh the horrors! Bunch of spoiled brats. Granted, my heart goes out to those folks that have lost income... but Lord help us if we encounter a real challenge as our predecessors did in WWI-WWII, the American Revolution or the Civil War. We would be in serious trouble as most lack the spine or the moral and mental stamina to sacrifice just a bit for the good of our once great country.
Amen brother that in a NUT SHell....well said..

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.