Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener

geo4061

Best knife sharpener you will ever own. I think I have tried every stone,file,electric, and stick sharpener on the planet. Yes, some will work if you have the technique and time. This sharpened every knife in the house plus my hunting knives and the extra blades for my Havalon in just a few minutes. Fast, easy and yes every knife will shave. I have not tried the field sharpener. If someone has please post your thoughts. I bought the Cabelas model from Cabelas. Therefore, I could send it back if it did not work. You can do the same. Needless to say mine is staying in Qklahoma.

Best knife sharpener you will ever own. I think I have tried every stone,file,electric, and stick sharpener on the planet. Yes, some will work if you have the technique and time. This sharpened every knife in the house plus my hunting knives and the extra blades for my Havalon in just a few minutes. Fast, easy and yes every knife will shave. I have not tried the field sharpener. If someone has please post your thoughts. I bought the Cabelas model from Cabelas. Therefore, I could send it back if it did not work. You can do the same. Needless to say mine is staying in Qklahoma.

I got mine (older model) in 2012 and I am very pleased with it >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/dull-knife-dangerous-so-91191/

As usual I am behind the curve. Don't waste your time and money with all those other so called sharpeners. This is the real deal.

Can you provide a link to the Cabela's unit? Or their specific item name so I can search for it?

My brother has a number of belt sanders in his shop, which I've seen him use to sharpen knives and broadheads, using the appropriate grade of sanding belt.

This is just a baby belt sander. Item#IK-53-0582. Cabelas 1-800- 237-4444. Be sure to check their web site for discount coupons and perhaps free shipping.

FEENIX you are great at posting links. Please if you have time. Are you still using the origional belts. I called this a baby belt sander and it is. But the key is, it holds the knife at the correct angle.

FEENIX you are great at posting links. Please if you have time. Are you still using the origional belts. I called this a baby belt sander and it is. But the key is, it holds the knife at the correct angle.

Yes, I'm still using the same original belt.

This is just a baby belt sander. Item#IK-53-0582. Cabelas 1-800- 237-4444. Be sure to check their web site for discount coupons and perhaps free shipping.

Item: IK-530582 >>> http://www.cabelas.com/product/work-sharp-cabela-s-exclusive-electric-knife-and-tool-sharpener/1269082.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct.jsp%3FproductId%3D1836390&categoryIds=104791680|104723280|104560380|

Last edited:
I have the regular one with only the worksharp name on it and I love it. I've not tried sharpening the disposable Havalon blades with it, but I might if I get in a pinch. During the autumn and winter months it stays on the bench out back where we process our harvests. I have replaced one belt since buying it. The tensioner broke right after I got it and when I called them, they asked for the number on it and found it was a defective piece that escaped quality. They shipped one immediately with no hassle.

The product itself and the customer support from worksharp is phenomenal IMO

La do not get in a rush because of the $89 sale price. They have been this price for quite some time. I also think you could get by with the less expensive model $79 if you did not want the bag or how to dvd. You could Google the how to. Anyway I am glad I bought the $89 model. Be sure to look for FREE SHIPPING on orders of $99. I think it's through this weekend. There are also coupons out spend $150 get $20 off. Perhaps you can find one on line or a friend has one if there are other items you might purchase.

USER HINTS: Do not start with your favorite knife. There is a very short learning curve. With the machine off. Place your level knife flat against the guide,and all the way in until the heel bottoms on the guide. Start the machine and draw your knife IMMEDIATELY. If you do not draw your knife as soon as you start the machine you will have a quarter moon at the heel.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.