Knife sharpening?

Last edited:
I have a regular work sharp electric with various guides, it works great and is worth having for outdoor and kitchen knives IMO.

I have the Ken Onion Work Sharp. Like the easy angle settings and ease of changing the belts. I've sharpened the entire family's knives and a few scissors.

Get yourself a warthog sharpener, they are available in three models they not only work very well, but they are fool proof, you can't screw it up, in my opinion there is nothing faster at keeping a very sharp edge on your knife, the biggest key to a sharp knife is never let the knife get dull, watch a butcher they Sharpen every few minutes, hard to do in the field, but the smallest unit does not take up much room in a pack and weighs nothing I keep one in my truck or on my quad,

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 71EjKdE5CQL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    71EjKdE5CQL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 61GKr3MwGEL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    61GKr3MwGEL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 35
For electric I have a Work Sharp.
Straight manual-- I have the Wart Hog
Use them both.
I've owned every knife sharpener there is the best I've found is the sharpening wheels that grizzly industry sells they are fast have lasted for years will always own a set for at home use. David

I've gone crazy with high end steels on my hunting and kitchen knives. I was on a managed lease and got sick of softer steels when cleaning three or four deer at a time. I will touch the edge up with a crock stick set if needed.

I use this sharpening set the most, it is an earlier version of this one that I got on Amazon Amazon product ASIN B08P4LN1XX
I then got a lot of varieties of stones, including some diamond and Japanese stones up to 10k grit. I only get the stones with bases.

It is basically a poor mans version of the wicked edge.

I have a Lansky and some others including the wheel on a grinder motor. I am not good enough to get the benefit of a high quality stone. I use the the Work Sharp Ken Onion (wider belts) and it works incredibly well. I still touch up with a steel while butchering, and when time to sharpen to the max...Work Sharp.

I've owned every knife sharpener there is the best I've found is the sharpening wheels that grizzly industry sells they are fast have lasted for years will always own a set for at home use. David
People can ruin knives in a hurry with those if they don't know what they are doing but I suppose that is true of any sharpening device.