Woooo Hoooo - Woofs

royinidaho

He expects to have a final plan for hunting delisted wolves in Idaho ready in November.

Before wrapping up the three-day meeting, the commissioners recognized that the department and the commission needed to come up with a proposal for a wolf tag and fee structure, which must be set by the Legislature. Department officials agreed to come up with some numbers, and Chairman Wheeler said he would look for someone to sponsor legislation.

Scroll to bottom: LINK

Now all that's needed is the beeper frequencies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

There are a few bumps in the road to delisting and hunting but hopefully US F&WS will be willing to do it on a state by state basis so that the states like Idaho who try to develope a reasonably intelligent plan can go forward and the states who act stupid will not get authorized. The clock is ticking and if it is not done in the next two years it probabaly will not get done.
Everytime somebody illegally kills a wolf or poisons somebody's puppy dog it will provide on more piece of evidence to be used by the groups who will oppose delisting.

Anyway, it is my opinion that having one more game animal to hunt is a great step forward. It is like the reintroduction of elk in some of the easern states where limited hunting is now happening.

Most of the other changes were pretty good. I disagree with their position on muzzleloaders and keeping them as primitive as possible. I think in the longer term they will have to undergo a major change and accept the new technology because of sheer economics. It is no big deal to me as I only use a muzzlelaoder out of boredom and never kill anything with it anyway.

Hey Roy,

Whereabouts are these packs? Bein' only a few counties away from you all, this has my attention.

Also found it very interesting that they made the following positive determinations:

"The commission in an effort to protect wild elk from the risks of disease and genetic impurities adopted a formal policy on domestic elk.

Under that policy the commission:
- Encourages the state of Idaho to enact legislation and establish and fund appropriate policies to protect wild cervids from disease and genetic risks posed by domestic elk.
- Does not recognize the shooting of domestic elk for recreational purposes within confined facilities as "hunting."
- Advocates the principles of fair chase and ethics in the harvest of wild game.
- Is opposed to spending sportsmen's dollars on the management or control of domestic elk."

(something about "domestic" in front of elk just never sounds right)
ML
NV

Your call sign says say 7mm-300 weatherby. I just bought one from a guy on this board. Not here yet but expect it this weekend. Anything tricky about it?
thanks
T

Roy,

You ever seen any ? If so ..................wheres the pix ?
chickendancing.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
where did you find that chicken thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just right click on that jumpin' little sucker and save pic as and you got it.

[ QUOTE ]
Roy

When they open up wolf hunting season, I was wondering if I could borrow your dog to use as bait?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone stole ma dog, what a blessing that was, really. The only sad part is that I had just bought a new bag of ol' Roy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Well, actually Purina.

I know who got him and it will be a good home. He was a beautiful dog to look at but never got serious about retrieving. I shot bunches of starlings and flickers and he just played with them. Other than that he was a real pain in the butt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

No problem though, the dog pound is on the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy ,

Those pix I was wanting to see are of DEAD wolves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You don't have to be in the pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim B.

Roy
I notice where 7mmSS has a dog. Maybe we should invite him to go and mention he needs to bring the dog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If we should get a dog from the pound the Humane Society will want to know what we are going to do with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

How's this for a dead woof??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
wolfMedium.jpg

Or maybe a couple of small ones..........
2graywolvesPicture014Medium.jpg

Hey Roy
Did you know that;
There will only be 49 contestants in the Miss Black America Contest this
year because no one wants to wear the banner that says, IDAHO !

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.