Wolf down

Always like sending that message to the wife. She is the only who knows how much time and energy and frustration goes into hunting them. This season has been weird and unlike any other. Filling a tags has been max energy for few results. This one was 38 yards. View attachment 187934
Nice skeletalized rifle! Can you share some insights on it and it's features, etc.?

We dont have Wolves but we do have dogs that have gone Ferrel and kill in packs they make good hunting
well done with the Wolves
Dont kill all of them otherwise a shift in ecology will be seen as it was in Canada where they had to introduce some from another area

Very nice predator hunt.
Congratulations.
To my knowledge, we have no wolves in Texas, but plenty of coyotes.
I've always want to take a wolf and a large cat.
I've had coyotes and bobcats at the end of the gun barrel, but a wolf seems very elusive.
I'm very interested in knowing exactly how you hunt them.
What call, what sounds?
Is it similar to coyotes?

Thanks and y'all stay safe!

Sorry for not responding to everyone. Went back up and for intro them again but 1 pack was across a huge ravine and too far to shoot or call in. Got back in the first pack and messed up. Snuck in on the wolves howling just before light and got too close and one busted me. It was only 100 yards and I could see it on the thermal but it was mad at me and going off. Ha ha. Gig was up dang it.

my rifle is 10 lbs. 6.5 prc. Running 135a tips.

out of state can buy tags.

my method of calling is howling and dog distress. I use calls or mouth. I have an elk inc howler and primos coyote call I use to for distress. Generally I just voice call. I used the howler to locate these and wound up voice calling them as it was less movement.