Winchester 70 Extreme SS vs Weatherby Vanguard Talon

Hello LRH members,
I am looking for a rifle to use for mountain elk hunting, and I'd like your opinions on the Winchester 70 Extreme SS vs the Weatherby Vanguard Talon. Neither are available near me, so I'm counting on your collective expertise and experience to guide me. In addition, the only caliber available to me for ordering is 30-06. I really would pass on a shot over 350 yards, so my thought would be that the -06 is adequate. Your recommendations and opinions would be appreciated. Thank you!

The current production model 70s are some of the finest produced in my opinion. Definitely a better rifle than a vanguard and I am a vanguard fan.

Just my humble opinion but if you're going after mountain elk I would be looking at a 300 win mag or a 7 mm PRC and practice practice at longer range. Sometimes getting within 350 yards is a difficult proposition. My partners and my last elk mine was 550 his was 863 one shot kills. Just my two cents

If have killed my one and only Elk at 280 yards with a M70 30.06 classic stainless. I am partial to classic stainless in Winchester and Mark V in Weatherby. Personally I only have one bolt action rifle that is not from those two brands. Buts like everything else is a personal choice.