weatherby mark v vs remington 700 sps ss

Are the accumark stocks pretty decent? I may purchase a stock this year but a barrel will have to wait awhile
Yes, the factory Accumark stocks are identical to the one I posted on the other page. They are made by Bell & Carlson, who is an excellent stock maker. The stocks are esentially a Medalist stock with a different shaped outward appearance. They have the full aluminum bedding block, and are excellent quality. You still might need to have your action bedded and the barrel floated, which is a very common practice for pretty much every gun, regardless of what stock you install. However, what makes the Accumark stock better than a wooden stock is the aluminum bedding block, which stiffens up the stock, and doesn't allow flexing or shifting of the action during recoil, or allow hot and cold weather to cause expansion and contraction which can throw off a rifle's accuracy.

Bigeclipse- the only ammo iv shot so far is federal premium 160 grain nosler partition. I bought three boxes of that with the gun. That's all the local gun shop guy had and he bought them on sale awhile ago do I got em for $20 a box. Other wise I have one box of weatherby ultra-high velocity 154 grain spire point I paid $60 for at the closest scheels and that's all they have at the closest scheels about 20 miles away. The closest gander mountain doesn't carry any in store so if u guys know any website I could buy cheaper ammo that would be great as I'm limited to only that weatherby stuff from scheels unless the gun guy in town gets more
Give these a try...

Weatherby Ammo 7mm Weatherby Mag 160 Grain Nosler AccuBond Box of 20

Nosler Custom Ammo 7mm Weatherby Mag 160 Grain AccuBond Spitzer Box of

Federal Premium Ammo 7mm Weatherby Mag 160 Grain Trophy Bonded Tip Box

Weatherby Ammo 7mm Weatherby Mag 150 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tip Box of

WOW, after seeing those prices I would HIGHLY advise the original poster to start reloading...holy crap thats crazy! For 5 boxes of ammo he could have a nearly complete used set of reloading equipment. I thought WSM were expensive lol

Deener - what you are shooting at mostly determines what bullet. and i have the same observation; weatherby factory ammo is pricey. easier and cheapr to get a an inexpensive reloader. than buy factory. i would keep my keep and load my bras separate. nosler norma weatherby ect.

I had the local gun guy order me three more boxes of the federal stuff that I have been shooting and thats all I'm going to buy for factory ammo. So I will have 120 of the federal brass and 20 of the weatherby when iv shot it all. I will be purchasing a reloading kit in the near future

WOW, after seeing those prices I would HIGHLY advise the original poster to start reloading...holy crap thats crazy! For 5 boxes of ammo he could have a nearly complete used set of reloading equipment. I thought WSM were expensive lol
It costs the same thing for .257 Wby mag ammo...

257 Weatherby Mag | Rifle Ammo | Ammo

And 7mm STW...

7mm STW | Rifle Ammo | Ammo

There's a reason why I started handloading when I did....When my local store jacked up the price of my .257 Wby and 7mm STW factory loads to $79.99 a box, I told them to go play in traffic. I ordered all my realoading stuff, and while it was significantly more than a case of ammo for each caliber, it has been well worth the investment for me. It was not cheap to start out with, since I had to order dies to reaload for 13+ calibers...And that list is still growing...Next I'll have to order my .25-06 AI and .280 AI die sets. :D

I had the local gun guy order me three more boxes of the federal stuff that I have been shooting and thats all I'm going to buy for factory ammo. So I will have 120 of the federal brass and 20 of the weatherby when iv shot it all. I will be purchasing a reloading kit in the near future

This is a good decision. You may not be able to do much shooting in the short term (until you have your equipment and find a decent load) but you will be able to shoot for MUCH cheaper in the long run with MUCH better accuracy. By the way, I would immediately buy a reloading book and start reading it. You can also find some youtube videos about how to reload. I did both and it makes sense. Also, if someone you know can help you get started...thats even better. Good luck and cheers!

As for the YouTube videos on getting started reloading, visit IraqVeteran8888's page. He has several getting started videos for beginners and they're great. Helped me out alot when I was getting started.

Also, like BigE said....Get the reloading manuals of the brands of bullets you plan to shoot, and start reading. It's amazing how much you will think you know after you've been doing it a while, but it's one of those things that you absolutely never stop learning. It's a constant learning process. Just when you think you've seen it all, you'd better not blink, or things will turn a 180 on you. LOL

Thanks a bunch. And I no a couple people in town that reload and really know what they are doing so it shouldn't be a problem to figure out what I have to do

FYI, I haven't gotten any Federal ammo in 7mm Weatherby to shoot well in any of the rifles we own.

If I were going to pick one factory Weatherby load to try, it would be the 160gr Nosler Partition. We've had the most success with that particular load.
However, it costs enough $ that I'm going to be loading Nosler Partitions for the rifle that shoots them well as I'm not thrilled either with $60-80/box for them.

FYI, I haven't gotten any Federal ammo in 7mm Weatherby to shoot well in any of the rifles we own.

If I were going to pick one factory Weatherby load to try, it would be the 160gr Nosler Partition. We've had the most success with that particular load.
However, it costs enough $ that I'm going to be loading Nosler Partitions for the rifle that shoots them well as I'm not thrilled either with $60-80/box for them.
Why not the 160 Accubond? I've had the most luck with those as far as them not being picky on seating depth or load capacity. They seem to just been an all-around good bullet. They also perform flawlessly on deer.

Reloading is the best thing I ever did for my shooting...

It used to cost me $80 a box for the 110gr Accubond ammo, but now I load MUCH higher quality and precise ammo with the Berger 115's for $16 a box (minus the cost of brass).

Save up your factory once-fired brass, and you'll have lots of good brass for a long time.

Also, I suggest investing into the Stainless Tumbling Media setup. I wish I had bought that instead of the sonic cleaner & tumbler setup I use. Mine works perfectly fine, but it's a 2-step process, whereas the STM setup is a single-step process. It looks pricey and expensive, but it will be WELL worth the investment.

with the price of 7mm weatherby ; you "picked" an ideal one to justify buying the reloading stuff. buying several boxes of factory ammo for it is breath taking. enjoy.

with the price of 7mm weatherby ; you "picked" an ideal one to justify buying the reloading stuff. buying several boxes of factory ammo for it is breath taking. enjoy.
At the time I bought my .257 Wby, they didn't have any of hte 110gr NAB ammo in stock. So I went to my local outdoors store when I got back in town (local GS couldn't come close to the price I paid for the gun 75 miles up the road), and when I asked how many boxes they had and they said 5, I didn't ask how much, and said, "Ring 'em up..." When they said "Alright, that'll be $385.00..." I almost had a stroke. LOL After that I took my time shooting that ammo and had only shot about about 50 rounds of the 100. Still got 3 boxes in the safe. LOL Since I started reloading I haven't hardly touched any of my factory ammo, except to shoot it to get some more brass.

Why not the 160 Accubond?

I've not gotten it to shoot well in my rifles. I even tried to work up a load for it last year for one of the rifles and still couldn't get it to work. Swapped to the Barnes 150TTSX and Bingo! accuracy was there. However, on average, the 160 Nosler Partition in factory Weatherby loadings has been the one that is "most likely to be accurate." This is based on the 7 (I think) that we own.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.