Win model 70 coyote

N Armstrong

I am a first time poster to this forum. I currently have a win model 70 coyote in 7mm wsm. The action is glass bedded and barrel free floated. It has a leup 4.5 x 14x 40 CDs scope. It shoots decent with 140 nosler bt but seems to really like 168 gr seirra's. I tried the berger 168 but seated out to where they shot good they are too long for the magazine. I am thinking of having it re barreled with a PAC nor. Any suggestions? It has the laminated stock now which I don't love but I am not sure on what to switch to. I think a new scope with more light gathering ability is going to come first. I mainly deer hunt with it and my average shots are 400 to 500 yds. Any suggestions on a muzzle break and a gunsmith? Thanks for the input.

I own a Win Model 70 Coyote in 300WSM and it shoots great with many different loads. I have also loaded for a friends Model 70 Coyote in 300 WSM and his will also shoot very well.

My question for you is what do you want to achieve with your gun? If it is only to shoot deer at 500-700 yards your gun will certainly do that without much problem. What other bullets have you tried in your gun?

I like my laminated stock but I know you could get a lighter set up, but I don't carry this gun on hunts so the weight is not that important. If I wanted my gun to shoot much better than it does I could spend a thousand dollars or more and it may shoot better. It is not a sure thing with a new barrel etc.

i would use a vais brake. the laminated factory stock should be stable. the 168 should shoot the best at distance. just load single rounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts