Model 70 Coyote in WSM...

mquimby

Does anyone have any experience with Winchester's Coyote in 7MM WSM or 300 WSM?What kind of accuracy could I expect to get in this off the shelf rifle?

mphstigerfan

you should expect sub moa for sure and some will do 1/2 moa or better with the right handloads. the only two I've seen one being my own have shot less than 1/2 moa right out of the box. kind of picky about what I feed it though

winmag

you should expect sub moa for sure and some will do 1/2 moa or better with the right handloads. the only two I've seen one being my own have shot less than 1/2 moa right out of the box. kind of picky about what I feed it though
+1 with Mphstigerfan. My cousins is sub moa with factory ammo and alot tighter with ''roll your owns''. His is 270wsm. I wish I had a couple Coyotes in all three WSM cartriges...........its only $ right:D

cross

I pillar bedded and glass bedded my 7WSM. It would give me about 3/4MOA with 150 Scirocco IIs and about 1/2MOA with 160 Accubonds. It wouldn't shoot the 168 Bergers for a **** (even though I probably tried 250 of them to try to get them to work with 5 different powders and 4 different primers). The only thing I didn't like about mine was the laminate stock, which was very rugged but way too heavy. I liked the controlled round push feed. I had to do some polishing on the inside of the extractor to get it to function correctly and I also had to buff the hell out of the feed rails to get it to feed right but now I like it a lot.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce