Win M70 264 wm owners

DJ Fergus

I have four custom rifles and more factory rifles and I'm just wanting to try another factory rifle right now with a classic look. Will probably stay in the safe more than my other work horses. Thinking about buying a new blued wood stock Sporter M70 264 win mag. I know they only have 9 twist but I figure it will do fine with a 130gr. Any one with experience with one of the M70 264s? I had a New Haven m70 270 that shot great.

I'm interested in this also. Been looking for awhile. This is what I narrowed it down to( 264wm 26" sporter), but would like some first hand experience.

I have four custom rifles and more factory rifles and I'm just wanting to try another factory rifle right now with a classic look. Will probably stay in the safe more than my other work horses. Thinking about buying a new blued wood stock Sporter M70 264 win mag. I know they only have 9 twist but I figure it will do fine with a 130gr. Any one with experience with one of the M70 264s? I had a New Haven m70 270 that shot great.

The nine will run 140gr conventional bullets and 130gr mon's just fine.

If I were doing it I'd either just order a Montana X2 or pick up a cheap used Model 70 and have a semi custom built off of it with a rebarrel and having the action trued.

Doing that you could get a 1:8.5 or 1:8 and never have to worry again.

The 6.5's really seem to shine in the field running the 140-160gr class bullets.

Maybe not the response you're looking for but my most accurate rifle. Purchased new but never shot it in factory condition. Rebarreled w/ Bartlien 3B 8 twist 5R 26", trigger, bedded, etc.. M70 EW. 264WM and 156 EOL w/ N570 were made for each other.

My current go to rifle is a model 70 264 win mag from 1979. I shoot nosler 130 accubond factory loads. It shoots well under 1" @ 200 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.