Wildcat help

I emailed Norma and asked what psi their brass is rated for and what size primer. Ill let you know what they say. We are looking at either a stiller or the Curtis/Russo .408 action. We need the Gibbs sized case in order to reach our velocity goals.

Just a quick update, Norma emailed me back and said that their .505 Gibbs brass has a .210" primer pocket and will withstand repeated reloadings as 55,000 psi.

evening, I read the 7saum was based off the 375 Ruger if so I have a 7mmwsm I shoot 66.5gr. 4831sc. 215 primer 145gr. MRX Barnes shoots bugholes

hope this helps as a starter

just countrygun)

evening, I read the 7saum was based off the 375 Ruger if so I have a 7mmwsm I shoot 66.5gr. 4831sc. 215 primer 145gr. MRX Barnes shoots bugholes

hope this helps as a starter

just countrygun)
Not arguing, I just like 404 Jeffery's based designs so I know the stats sort of well.

The RSAUM is based of the 404 Jeffery like the RUM. The WSM is too but Winchester blew the base out .005 to .555 instead of .550 like the RSAUM, RUM, Nosler and parent of them all the 404 Jeffery, well .545. So Remington blew out the base .005 from the Jeffery.:D The rim is .532 (+-.002)

The Ruger has a rim and base of .532 so .018 smaller than a RSAUM.

In theory at least, you could strengthen any brass case by electro plating more material on it. This can be done internally, externally, both, or just in selective areas.

Copper and silver are pretty easy to plate, just keeping in mind that plated copper or brass are not as tough as drawn brass.

There are people who do this as a hobby, as well as commercial platers. Still, kind of a pain.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.