Wifey's cow 30 Nos 225 ELDM

7.62 Gunner

The misses filled her cow tag this morning, we have a 7 week old baby girl so she opted for the meat gathering option this year due to momma obligations.

We were fortunate to have an elk herd cross through our land at first light which allowed us to sneak away for a quick hunt.
I asked her if I should grab her 6.5 saum or my 30 Nos, without hesitation she said "Grab the 30!"

She took the shot at 200 yards sending a 225 eldm 2825 fps (stupid accurate load with H1000 so I'm not pursuing velocity).
I watched through binos and the cow absolutely dropped like a rock instantly, I've never seen anything like it and assumed she spined her.
Turns our it passed through the rear of the scapula, liquefied the internals, and fragments lodged in the offside shoulder.
I'm seriously impressed with the massive internal trauma and penetration.
Also the Nomad LT was so stupid quiet that the elk herd only spooked for a second then they looked around and kinda trotted off.

FWIW she slid about 20 yards down the hill and there wasn't a drop of blood on the ground.
This is why I don't care about pass throughs or blood trails, I like massive internal wounds that kill fast.

Here's mamma with the future little huntress.

Resized_20220822_071431.jpeg
Entry wound
20220822_082440.jpg
Exitng ribs into offside shoulder
20220822_085250.jpg

The misses filled her cow tag this morning, we have a 7 week old baby girl so she opted for the meat gathering option this year due to momma obligations.

We were fortunate to have an elk herd cross through our land at first light which allowed us to sneak away for a quick hunt.
I asked her if I should grab her 6.5 saum or my 30 Nos, without hesitation she said "Grab the 30!"

She took the shot at 200 yards sending a 225 eldm 2825 fps (stupid accurate load with H1000 so I'm not pursuing velocity).
I watched through binos and the cow absolutely dropped like a rock instantly, I've never seen anything like it and assumed she spined her.
Turns our it passed through the rear of the scapula, liquefied the internals, and fragments lodged in the offside shoulder.
I'm seriously impressed with the massive internal trauma and penetration.
Also the Nomad LT was so stupid quiet that the elk herd only spooked for a second then they looked around and kinda trotted off.

FWIW she slid about 20 yards down the hill and there wasn't a drop of blood on the ground.
This is why I don't care about pass throughs or blood trails, I like massive internal wounds that kill fast.

View attachment 389352
Entry wound
View attachment 389353
Exitng ribs into offside shoulder
View attachment 389354
ELDMs Rock on killing big things. Proof in the pics

Congrats Mrs. 7.62 Gunner!!! Wow I was concerned using a 208 ELDM in an 30-06 with a possible closer shot. No concern now lol.
Yeah as always though avoid putting them into the shoulder at high velocity, not saying an elk would go anywhere but you'd lose the quarter for sure

She took the shot at 200 yards....

Seven weeks post partum. 👍🏼 "Momma Bear" is a term for a fiercely protective mother, frequently applied when kiddo is an infant.

You are a fortunate man, sir, as your partner is a rare woman. And in the words of the old West, not to be trifled with.

May your journey together be long and joyous.