225 ELDM TESTED 30/375 S.I.

It measure .512 ahead of the belt and .531 on the belt. Ya its ugly as sin but like i said, when all the hornady is gone, some of the new 300win brass coming out might last a long time.

I read that the nosler brass is discontinued and i cant find it at all up north.

I know of guys turning the belt off from the WM but it would bulge or BLOW the case if you fired it in a .020" over chamber

I know of guys turning the belt off from the WM but it would bulge or BLOW the case if you fired it in a .020" over chamber
If you were REALLY industrious you might be able to pull it off in steps. i.e. turn .010" off, fire it, turn the rest off and fire it again?

I definitely dont have the tools for that. I have this single one and im gonna load it and shoot it a few times to see how it does. But it would be nice to have a basic case with a 532 head for people to do some wildcats off

It measures .512 ahead of the belt and .531 on the belt. Ya it's ugly as sin but like I said, when all the Hornady is gone, some of the new 300win brass coming out might last a long time.

I read that the Nosler brass is discontinued and I can't find it at all up north.

I Google searched for Nosler brass last week. Everyone is out of stock. Probably a good thing, as I suspect it was Hornady brass anyhow. Because no one else makes it! And Nosler wasn't manufacturing any brass in-house.

I Google searched for Nosler brass last week. Everyone is out of stock. Probably a good thing, as I suspect it was Hornady brass anyhow. Because no one else makes it! And Nosler wasn't manufacturing any brass in-house.
I think it has been discontinued

Well curiosity killed the cat. But it didn't do any killing I guess.

And that's why it's called wildcatting! :D

I think the risk of a catastrophic case head failure with the 300WM brass would be very low. I'd do it without too much concern. Well - maybe shooting glasses, at the minimum...:)

First load of 77gr RL26 was too much pressure with the 197gr copper bullet in the 30/375S.I. I registered 3,200fps with the LabRadar.

I can probably shoot them ~3,100fps with RL26.

Nice to find the max load with the first shot! Saves time & money. Will shoot a ladder with RL26, when time allows.

First load of 77gr RL26 was too much pressure with the 197gr copper bullet in the 30/375S.I. I registered 3,200fps with the LabRadar.

I can probably shoot them ~3,100fps with RL26.

Nice to find the max load with the first shot! Saves time & money. Will shoot a ladder with RL26, when time allows.

You will be able to safely shoot 3250 with n570 if you can find some. Rich

In the federal 300 win casing i have fireformed it holds 98gr water to the very top. Ill gotta wait for the wife to get home with my vehicle to test the hornady brass. Heres a photo of the brass sectioned. It has 1 fireform and 3 hightest
166C3B3A-FA1E-4E6B-9171-29B04B543B9C.jpeg
loads through it to see how the case head did where the ugliness is.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.