Wife's new 300win mag

Ackool

Just got my wife's Christensen Arms ba tactical in the other day. After break in we finally go to stretch it out a little bit. I've heard these rifles are a bit sensitive with loads but we loaded a few 185's vld to .025 off and it shot really well at a 100yards. Today we finally got to get to 300 and she shot this group. I was pleased to say the least. Not to bad for 8 months pregnant. I was a tad worried about what we would get in this rifle as it's closer to a production gun, but I have to say we are very pleased and she is happy to not have to lug 17lbs around anymore. It is amazing at what a carbon barrel does for weight.

Attachments

• IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 61
Real good group for 300. For what ever reason, some women can shoot better than us guys.

because they don't let ego cloud their learning process, they listen, my best students are all women, guys just do their own thing. I hear my daddy, my uncle etc.. taught me to shoot etc.. then they have a hard time at 100 yards.

Congrats on the rifle. Looks like a real shooter. And soon you'll have to babysit while she goes to the range.:D

I agree about the carbon barrel and weight reduction for the rifle. Plus it improves accuracy by dampening barrel vibrations to virtually zero. And finally he barrel stays cooler with long shot strings, giving it a longer life.

Since they make one just for my rifle I plan to put a Proof Research barrel on my 6.5 CM Ruger Precision Rifle sometime next year. That rifle is now at 16.5 lbs. without the sling.

I've only run 250 rounds through it but since I'm now reloading my empty 6.5 CM cases I'll be shooting a lot more. That new RCBS turret press really helps speed up the reloading process.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts