• 7mm-08

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • 260 Remington

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a tough choice but I think I'd lean towards a 260. Rem or a 6.5 creedmoor just due to the support with factory ammo on the 6.5 creedmoor. Both calibers are fantastic! I personally shoot a 260. Rem and it's one of the most accurate rifles I own!!

270. Win is a great caliber as well! Nice on recoil and can punch through a thick shoulder with ease! My old mans dropped more moose with the 270. Win then I could imagine with all the "new fancy" calibers I keep trying!

Can't go wrong with any of the calibers really

morning, I have shot hogs, coyotes, bobcats, deer for years with a 243. have never
lost and animal. norm drop in place. no recoil, shot placement in essential with
any shot. I shot the 77gr. senear Lapua bullet. 4320 powder. ww cases and fed primers
non stop killing. good shots to 400yds. shot placement not kill power.
depending on the twist can go up to 106gr. bullets. SHOT PLACEMENT
THK. U

6.5 creedmoor, it seems to be gaining dominance over the 260...even Remington are clambering them now. And the factory ammo offered is superior to the 260.
The Camilla rifle by wby vanguard sure looks like it would fit a woman well. I'd check one of those out.

I agree that all will work, but I do not see why the 25-06 does not get more love here. I think the .264's have a huge advantage in bullet selection and High BC options, but if she does not shoot a ton I think the lazer flat trajectory of the 25-06 would be a huge benefit at range. Recoil is minimal and ammo is avail. everywhere if that is a concern. If you shoot heavier bullets out of the 270, 7mm-08, and 308 to get them to their potential and into the same class as the smaller calibers; you are going to jump up quite a bit in recoil.

I wonder what the OP went with, and how his wife is liking it, since it has been 3 years since this thread was started.

Its to bad we couldn't test drive more rifles before buying them.

Seems that a bunch of rifles chambered for the same caliber have a different feel in the recoil department.

Some kick like mules as others are soft and smooth in the recoil department.

Finding that fit is part of the challenge it seems.

Good luck on your quest as there are a few directions too choose from in todays market place.

Don

Bought my wife a 6.5x47. If you dont reload 260 or 6.5cm is equally good. Little recoil and good bc`s make them hard to beat. Great little rounds...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.