Why use a carbon wrapped barel?

Hummm the Swarovski giving you trouble! Did they honor the warranty? I had trouble with a night force scope jumping gimbles and they said nothing was wrong with it. Sold a scope after it jumping twice with full discloser, nasty letter to NF. I fully use Vortex or US Optics now.

The first time no charge. The second time they charged me $20. Both times they included a note informing me they replaced the erector.

By the way it took four z5's before I kept one. Their consistency from scope to scope is terrible. Both the Bushnell and the Leupold had better glass. Maybe only a percent or two on my optics chart, but recognizable.

YOUR IGNORANT OF THE PHYSICS INVOLVED IN HEAT TRANSFER IN 3 DIMENSIONS IN A CF BARREL-SUPPRESSOR-MUFFLER-PERFORMANCE EXHAUST.....

I really don't give a **** any more

I don't give a **** you assholes don't understand

You don't ******* get it

If your ignorant I don't ******* care

Unroll a tp roll and think surface area and pretend heat is electricity at the sub atomic level

Figure it out for yourself

I done give a **** and am once again regret being SMARTER THAN AVERAGE as the assholes WHO THINK THEY ARE SMART HAVE NO IDEA HOW ******* RETARDED THEY REALLY ARE!!!

ALK YOU DUBTERS CAN KISS MY ***!!!

**** YOU TWICE
This is why we need to legalize weed^^^^

Let's say that ALL steel barrels are inferior to carbon fiber barrels.
However to make that statement the boundaries must be understood.
All engineering is an exercise in compromise.
1moa is acceptable for 10rds vs .5moa for 30rds is two different applications.
6mm vs .460Steyr are totally different animals at this time.
Application and limits of engagement- 800yd max gun? 1500yd max gun, 2500yd max gun?
Engagement period and time between shots
Accuracy
Precision
Group Size
Group Drift
Velocity Drift
Velocity itself for a given load and bullet
SD drift
ES drift
Atmosphere drift
Ambient temp drift
Round count vs all of the above
Weight
Longevity
Consistency barrel to barrel and manufacturer to manufacturer
Cold bore vs std group location
Cold bore velocity
Ladder test forgiveness
Bullet weight forgiveness
Velocity forgiveness
Cost
How fast to cool back down and return to expected moa capability?
Rounds fired before fouling reduces accuracy below min standard?
Computer simulation vs real world.... is it predictable?
What else should we add?

This is not an argument. This is an attempt to identify what a good barrel really is.

I believe the main argument is CF is superior in all of the above categories. Data, Data, Data...

Maybe we should open a new thread. Weight each category and set what you determine is an upper limit.
I think some are saying steel barrels are Dinosaurs. Though I will put my money on a T-Rex in any open field against any known predator today...LOL.

Let me put it this way as I heard guys with doctorates degrees decry MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in evidence many years ago...
EXACTLY AS YOU GUYS ARE NOW...

science is proven right or wrong through experimentation...

you have MILLIONS of barrels by hundreds of companies telling you miles of strands let head out QUICKER than solid steel.....

argue with proof

cf

Rodgers

etc

It's fact and you are incapable of understanding!

your neither the first or last

prove us all wrong please!!!

PROVE YOUR THEORIES!!!

YOUR LOOKING AT A ROUND EARTH SAYING ITS FLAT....

OR ADMIT

YOUR IGNORANT OF THE PHYSICS INVOLVED IN HEAT TRANSFER IN 3 DIMENSIONS IN A CF BARREL-SUPPRESSOR-MUFFLER-PERFORMANCE EXHAUST.....

You don't ******* get it

Unroll a tp roll and think surface area and pretend heat is electricity at the sub atomic level

I done give a **** and am once again regret being SMARTER THAN AVERAGE as the assholes WHO THINK THEY ARE SMART HAVE NO IDEA HOW ******* RETARDED THEY REALLY ARE!!!

**** YOU TWICE

PERMANENT BAN
for bdyal1972

Let me put it this way as I heard guys with doctorates degrees decry MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in evidence many years ago...
EXACTLY AS YOU GUYS ARE NOW...

science is proven right or wrong through experimentation...

you have MILLIONS of barrels by hundreds of companies telling you miles of strands let head out QUICKER than solid steel.....

argue with proof

cf

Rodgers

etc

It's fact and you are incapable of understanding!

your neither the first or last

prove us all wrong please!!!

PROVE YOUR THEORIES!!!

YOUR LOOKING AT A ROUND EARTH SAYING ITS FLAT....

OR ADMIT

You don't ******* get it

**** YOU TWICE
Hate to argue with you on probably your last day here, but it is "you are" or "you're" NOT "your".
Just trying to help :)

It's kind of like the old Winchester Collectors that hang around gun shows, trying to cheat the seller out of another $3. That next variant of some obscure model does not make their sex life any better. It's just another gold plated "Richard" to hang on the wall. And they will brag about having cheated the owner out of that $3, forever and ever, ad-nauseum. Nobody is really impressed. But, people still chase that "latest and greatest," that some fool "gun-writer" has bragged about in the latest hook-and-bullet press.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.