Why so much dislike for Hornady brass?

First let me say my I would rate my skills as a reloader as intermediate. For reasons I can not explain I absolutely love the 300 WSM. Unfortunately my choices in brass are VERY limited and only Hornady and Norma/Nosler are ever available with any regularity.
As I am not a wealthy person I bought 150 pieces of the Hornady, prior to having read and was unaware all the negative reviews of it. I took at complete random 20 pieces each from each bag of fifty and measure them for weight and length and both were very consistent. And my reloads with it have given me sub 1" 300 yard 5 shot groups. Now I realize for most dedicated long range shooters who reload consistency in weight and length of new brass are no where near as important (if at all) as consistent case neck thickness, and concentricity, which at this time I do not own the gauges needed to measure either, but I do plan on buying a Sinclair concentricity gauge and a Redding case neck concentricity gauge in the very near future as an affordable alternative to one of the awesome concentricity gauges that are simply out of my price range.

So I'm guessing the disfavor I have read of Hornady brass is most likely due to one or more of the fallowing reasons: Two few reloads before case necks or primer pocket issues. Issues with case neck concentricity or uniform case neck thickness, over all brass quality doesn't justify it's rather high price. Or something I am unaware of.

I would like to here from those who have had first hand experience with Hornady new never fired reloading brass that once you tried it you won't use it again and why. I will say where as I'm sure I have read a negative review of Norma brass, I am unable at this moment to recall it.

One of my biggest gripes of late is there is almost nothing Cabela's sells anymore I need I can't get else where much cheaper, but they do carry Norma brass in 300 WSM and the wife and I buy all of our gas and groceries on Cabela's CC's so I will use my point to buy some Norma brass in 300 WSM. It will likely take me several months to build the points, but buy half way through 2019 I should have enough points to afford 200-250 pieces of Norma brass.

Thanks,
Art
You can get good and bad batches of hornady brass in my experience. A flash hole uniformer from k&m really helps any brass that has the flash holes punched instead of drilled.
I've had poor luck with primer pockets loosening on Norma brass, but it is nice consistent brass.

I like all Hornady products, period.
The only brass that I find to have at minimum, 5-10% failures, is Winchester brass.
I refuse to buy it anymore.

There is a ton of knowledge out at this website, but for info on most any product. I like the Cabelas reviews or other, where you can get hundreds of cases of feedback from users.

Jager, for me Federal followed by Hornady pop primers more quickly than any. As stated, perhaps you get what you pay for. Nosler/Norma and Lapua brass need little to no prep for loading. Would like to see Lapua manufacture brass in more calibers.

Jager, for me Federal followed by Hornady pop primers more quickly than any. As stated, perhaps you get what you pay for. Nosler/Norma and Lapua brass need little to no prep for loading. Would like to see Lapua manufacture brass in more calibers.
I have a hard time getting a third firing from federal brass that was factory ammo, except gmm and I have got 4 out of those, but the primer pockets get so loose they just fall out and I don't load anything hot. I've had pretty good luck with some PPU .270 and really bad luck with PPU 30-06

I have a hard time getting a third firing from federal brass that was factory ammo, except gmm and I have got 4 out of those, but the primer pockets get so loose they just fall out and I don't load anything hot. I've had pretty good luck with some PPU .270 and really bad luck with PPU 30-06
You may not think you're loading hot but you are if you're seeing primer pockets grow that quickly. I run my stuff warm but I'll normally get a lot more life than that from a piece of brass and it'll be the neck that splits or I'll get a CHS. Loose primer pockets to me mean you're running them too hot, back the load off a little.

I have had bad batches of every brand of brass except Remington in 25-06/30-06/300WM. All of it has been very, very good, that said, I had 2 bags of 100 222 cases that were very poor, off centre flash holes, primer pockets that weren't deep enough and pleated shoulders and necks. I took them back and picked out 2 other bags. I had one bad case out the 204 cases in the new bags, a pleated neck/shoulder.
I have Norma brass that looks and weighs very uniform, but the primer pockets open quick and even with MORE capacity I got ejector marks on a midrange load.

The Hornady brass I have, 416 Rigby and 300WM, appear very good so far, no complaints from me. Primer pockets are tight.

Cheers.

I have used Hornady brass in my 22/250 , 7mm/08 and 25/06 and have nothing but good to say about them. They need the usual prepping, but once done i've gotten great results and very good case life. JME

I have at least 5 loads on new Hornady out of a 300WM. It's still in the shop and the only reason I left it be was because a great deal on 500 Pieces of Norma came along other wise I would go for the 6th reload using H-1000 / 73.5gns. Shoots well.

7MM Rem Mag brass by Hornady, purchased this fall. Primer pockets were shallow by .002 - .003. Could not seat fully. Emailed Hornady, they sent me replacements with the same problem. Waste of time and money.

I've actually had decent luck with Hornady brass weight sorted for accuracy, which you really don't need to do for PRS, on 6th reload. I bought Nosler and 3rd reload very loose primer pockets. It's good economical brass. That was all 6.5 Creedmoor. I had bought 200 Hornady and 200 Nosler for PRS. So I can say that Hornady is at least twice as good as Nosler for a lot less money. IMHO

I've actually had decent luck with Hornady brass weight sorted for accuracy, which you really don't need to do for PRS, on 6th reload. I bought Nosler and 3rd reload very loose primer pockets. It's good economical brass. That was all 6.5 Creedmoor. I had bought 200 Hornady and 200 Nosler for PRS. So I can say that Hornady is at least twice as good as Nosler for a lot less money. IMHO
I don't have much experience with Hornady brass, but I would agree that Nosler is over priced crap.
I've had case splits with mild loads after 3-6 firings.
Norma gets me 6 loads tops from my SAUM, total rip off..
Winchester wsm brass has been really good with some prep, way tougher than Nosler/Norma