• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Why so many Labradars for sale?

One thing I "think" the labradar has over the Garmin is the LR will give velocities at different distances. I could be wrong but I dont see where you can get anything but a muzzle velocity from the Garmin.

One thing I "think" the labradar has over the Garmin is the LR will give velocities at different distances. I could be wrong but I dont see where you can get anything but a muzzle velocity from the Garmin.
I "think" both units operate in the same manner.
Both utilize Doppler radar which takes a reading
At a distance and calculates the velocity for a muzzle velocity. LR just provides a page that provides an average in increments out to 100 yds. This may be useful to some. I'd be more interested if it would be capable of tracking bullet at longer distance, that'd be more useful information. I'm more interested in a reliable unit that gives me a velocity reading every time. I'll true my data from there for distance.
Advancements in chronograph capabilities are sure to come.

Seem to be a lot of talk about some guys wanting velocities at different distances. The nice thing with the Garmin is you can place it any place between your shooting position and your target ie 1000 yards out and get accurate reading.

Seem to be a lot of talk about some guys wanting velocities at different distances. The nice thing with the Garmin is you can place it any place between your shooting position and your target ie 1000 yards out and get accurate reading.
I find that aspect of the Garmin intriguing. Being able to get an exact velocity string at targets more than 500 yards out for truing up your dope would be very nice. It would be easy to build a small steel "safe box" to house the unit in case of an errant bullet.

I find that aspect of the Garmin intriguing. Being able to get an exact velocity string at targets more than 500 yards out for truing up your dope would be very nice. It would be easy to build a small steel "safe box" to house the unit in case of an errant bullet.
Just use the labradar...lol

Have old Magspeed 1, still works great even though the display has a black spot so I will need a new display ($180) but since Garmin is so simple I'll wait and get one when the rush is over.