• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Why so many Labradars for sale?

Aloha tahoe 1305
What Range are you shooting at in HI? How long ago did you get a Garmin? Seemed like when I lived in HI (25 years ago) it was a different world than the mainland for getting information. We have the internet now.

I must be living in the DARK because the first I heard of Garmin was a few days ago when these posts came out about LR for sale. I have not been too active in the shooting world the past few months due to family issues.
I have some friends in shooting competition and didn't hear anything from the and they always have the latest most expensive gear/components. But have not shot with them in a couple of months.
Seems like this Garmin just popped up and now everyone is talking about it.
For the size, portability and ease of use I am sure that we will get one as soon as the hype wears down and any cons or more pros come out.

Mahola
Len & Jill
Not there anymore. In CO now. Used to shoot at Kokohead. Need to get back out to the islands and do some hunting. Loved that part of being there.

Was lucky to snag one at a scheels a few hours after it came out. Was excited for a change. ;).

Last edited:
What I do know, is my LR with the Piet trigger sensor never misses a shot, mostly suppressed as well
What I don't know, is if the Garmin will do the same.
Gosh, this sounds like a repetitive record relative to the newest toy out.
What's piet trigger?????

Glad I waited to pick up a Garmin, and didn't overpay 😩 for some other brands a couple months ago that guys are bailing on cheap now. I'd be crying in my cheerios.

I'm sure Garmin did ample beta testing prior to release. And if provided with input from users for upgrade requests or possible changes they will address those.

I have zero reservation about buying a Garmin product.

It's like a new cell phone. Buy the new toy.
Long term reliability is being ignored.
On this subject bringing up "Cell Phones". The technology associated with cell phones expands expediently in months not years. You can purchase a cell phone today and one of dozens of manufactures will have another phone that is better and less expensive in a few months.
I looked at chronographs for years and thought why can't there be advancements in technology? Was it because the Military wanted to keep the technology all these years???
Well, I would say that a major advancement came with the GARMIN XERO. Why did it take so long for this advancement in size reduction and function? Most if not all our advancements in electronics started out as a military application.

Look at the technology with NV and Thermo scopes. How about Rangefinding, Ballistics? There is already Optics out there where you just put the reticle on the target, and everything is calculated, just squeeze the trigger.
What new electronic devices will be on the market in the next few years from the shooting industry?

If we lost the ability to use all these electronics - could some shooters still hit the target by using shooting skills and calculating ballistics manually?

My only concern is I'm not that thrilled with the life span of Garmin products. I have had several over the years and they seem to last about 3 years before going belly up for one reason or another. Lot's of times, it's the screen looses its brightness or something. By that time it's an out of warrenty product and obsolite at Garmin so you have to buy something else. Seriously, I've come to think that Garmin builds this "feature" into all of their products. You do pay a premium for Garmin so I think the product should last longer.
I have several Garmin GPS that have gone half dark, nights are fine days you cannot hardly read. Mine also lose ability to transfer stored data and upgrades but will still allow adding new places. Some do it sooner then others.

On this subject bringing up "Cell Phones". The technology associated with cell phones expands expediently in months not years. You can purchase a cell phone today and one of dozens of manufactures will have another phone that is better and less expensive in a few months.
I looked at chronographs for years and thought why can't there be advancements in technology? Was it because the Military wanted to keep the technology all these years???
Well, I would say that a major advancement came with the GARMIN XERO. Why did it take so long for this advancement in size reduction and function? Most if not all our advancements in electronics started out as a military application.

Look at the technology with NV and Thermo scopes. How about Rangefinding, Ballistics? There is already Optics out there where you just put the reticle on the target, and everything is calculated, just squeeze the trigger.
What new electronic devices will be on the market in the next few years from the shooting industry?

If we lost the ability to use all these electronics - could some shooters still hit the target by using shooting skills and calculating ballistics manually?
More people use cell phones and range finders than chronographs. I mean cmon.
I've been shooting since 2012 and haven't needed a chronograph till 3 months ago. And I really didn't need to enter the reloading sector which is an even smaller niche that pretty much requires a chronograph, IF your shooting precision, and even smaller niche.
I'm just saying poeple get giddy with new product and gadgets no matter what it is.
I'm all for new tech, but to say this new chronograph is the bees knees when long term reliability out in the real world hasn't been seen is ignorant.
It surprises me in a sector of the market where guys are pretty smart and depend on reliability.
I guess when u spend ur money it's great.
It's an electronic device, they break, they break alot. Labradars and magneetos seem to go the distance.

Glad I waited to pick up a Garmin, and didn't overpay 😩 for some other brands a couple months ago that guys are bailing on cheap now. I'd be crying in my cheerios.

I'm sure Garmin did ample beta testing prior to release. And if provided with input from users for upgrade requests or possible changes they will address those.

I have zero reservation about buying a Garmin product.
Time will tell out in the field being used by the consumer and not hand picked beta testers.

I am not too familiar with GARMIN except with GPS E-Trex and Vehicle GPS. It has been years since looking at Garmin products.
Go on the GARMIN website and look at all their products and then look at "Hunting Shooting" products. It will blow your mind the advanced products they have. Look at their Bow and Crossbow sights.
I am not promoting GARMIN but they have to be doing something right!

I am not too familiar with GARMIN except with GPS E-Trex and Vehicle GPS. It has been years since looking at Garmin products.
Go on the GARMIN website and look at all their products and then look at "Hunting Shooting" products. It will blow your mind the advanced products they have. Look at their Bow and Crossbow sights.
I am not promoting GARMIN but they have to be doing something right!

Nobody said its junk.
But the xero is a new product. The real testing just began..

Time will tell out in the field being used by the consumer and not hand picked beta testers.
Beta testing is used by some manufacturers prior to bringing a product to market. Some Manufacturers not all.
Not sure if MS, or LR did any beta testing.
Who knows, maybe they are still doing beta testing via all the current hand picked consumers. 🤔

Enjoy your chronograph of choice.

Beta testing is used by some manufacturers prior to bringing a product to market. Some Manufacturers not all.
Not sure if MS, or LR did any beta testing.
Who knows, maybe they are still doing beta testing via all the current hand picked consumers. 🤔

Enjoy your chronograph of choice.
Consumers aren't hand picked.