• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Why so many Labradars for sale?

LRNut

Ok, one of my hunting/shooting pals told me about the new Garmin chronograph, and I might very well buy one so I don't have to cart my Labradar back and forth between CO and AZ, but I can't see selling my Labradar just to get this one. Why the sudden explosion in the number of Labradars for sale?

Everyone is dumping theirs now that garmin just started shipping their new chrono which is an improvement over the labradar.
And this is known how? It just hit the market and is unproven.

But I do agree, it's the shiny new object and people just can't help themselves.

I'll be keeping my LabRadar because other than form factor I believe it offers more than the Garmin does.

Ok, one of my hunting/shooting pals told me about the new Garmin chronograph, and I might very well buy one so I don't have to cart my Labradar back and forth between CO and AZ, but I can't see selling my Labradar just to get this one. Why the sudden explosion in the number of Labradars for sale?
Because just like so many other hobbies, everyone "needs" the latest and greatest.
If I owned a Labradar, Id be hanging onto it until this new one is proven.
Nothing against Garmin, they make some good products, but like anything totally new there are bound to be glitches that show up as people get their hands on them.

Anyone know where the new Garmin might be in stock. Tried about a dozen retailers, including Garmin, and all sold out at this point?

The ONLY two gripes I have with my LR are the size and it keeps dropping its connection to the app. I got a case from Harbor Freight and everything fits in it perfect. Even with those cons, I'll be holding onto it for a long time.

1697833003793.jpeg

Money is not a big concern of mine, but still, I am keeping my Labradar. Will probably buy a Garmin and keep it in AZ; the biggest draw I can see is that it is small enough to take into the desert.

All that said, I wonder how many guys are still using iPhone ballistic apps with a crappy rangefinder (as defined by no ballistic solution) but going hog wild over the new Garmin...