• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Why so many Labradars for sale?

I guarantee they were not beta testing a few months no company as big as garmin lets out a product with a chance to fail.
Kinda like Sig..they test for 2 yrs and they have as many recalls as a Landrover when it finally put on the market.
Im sure it will be great, but to suggest it's flawless so early on is like wearing blinders.
You spent ur money so I get it.

Maybe LR will come up with some new upgrades now to try to keep customers.

What is it that shooters don't like LR besides it's size?
The latest one we have works fine for all the options we need.
I messed with too many that weren't close to 100% reliable picking up shots. When ammo and components got $$ a while back (and still) it turned me off. My MS was solid.

I sold my MS the second I got home from my first range trip with the garmin. Didn't miss anything. Required zero setup. Matched MS for speeds (and I trust the MS 100% for picking up shots). Effortless data collection (vs cards and downloads). And weighed nothing with 1/12th packing footprint.

Last edited:
I'd 100% agree with you in most cases. Not sure that's why here. I am darn certain the community will universally find it an upgrade, for less cost, less size, better reliability.

Only drawback is no BC…..I prefer to shoot at my distance for that anyway.

I've seen a good amount. I off loaded mine yesterday. Was tough to price with 4-5 others on market. I cut them by $50 and it went in 30 min. It's better than MS IMO. I had heartburn selling though. The MS was really reliable.

But having to shoot two string for data and groups sucked.

I think size, amount of kit, and missing shots (even if a few) are why folks are looking elsewhere. LR should be able to improve on their product pretty easily. Guessing 2.0 will be a big improvement.

Adding: I shot yesterday a bow that took two button pushes to set up. Set it on a rock next to me. Then shot sub 22LR suppressed. Two more buttons. Then centerfire. It wasn't sensitive to position, angle, or appeared much of anything. Just have it close. It worked for all.

Last edited:
I messed with too many that weren't close to 100% reliable picking up shots. When ammo and components got $$ a while back (and still) it turned me off. My MS was solid.

I sold my MS the second I got home from my first range trip with the garmin. Didn't miss anything. Required zero setup. Matched MS for speeds (and I trust the MS 100% for picking up shots). Effortless data collection (vs cards and downloads). And weighed nothing with 1/12th packing footprint.
Aloha tahoe 1305
What Range are you shooting at in HI? How long ago did you get a Garmin? Seemed like when I lived in HI (25 years ago) it was a different world than the mainland for getting information. We have the internet now.

I must be living in the DARK because the first I heard of Garmin was a few days ago when these posts came out about LR for sale. I have not been too active in the shooting world the past few months due to family issues.
I have some friends in shooting competition and didn't hear anything from the and they always have the latest most expensive gear/components. But have not shot with them in a couple of months.
Seems like this Garmin just popped up and now everyone is talking about it.
For the size, portability and ease of use I am sure that we will get one as soon as the hype wears down and any cons or more pros come out.

Mahola
Len & Jill