Why nobody lives in Montana

History tells us that it was so cold in Newfoundland that it drove the Vikings out!

Saskatchewanites hear this joke…and LAUGH. Pansy-*** Vikings! 🤣.

Before my family lived in Saskatchewan we were Germanic speaking peoples but living in Siberia. I come from a long line of people that can take the cold (but I'm a baby in any real heat, I just shut right down)

I would live there in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the cold. Shoveling snow everyday to get to work and then again to get home sounds like no fun to me. I could do a summer house when things are nice.

Plowing my neighbors drive
bobcat snow 013.jpg

After a decade of litigation against established and politically favored individuals/groups we decided to move to Montana.

We had to protect our real estate & trust/probate interests against long time, big money, family connected, politically connected opponents. Any court confrontation would have been a disaster. We elected to wage long-term time attrition, forcing our enemy to spend efforts and money to defend their actions of greed, mismanagement, aggression, evasion of process & stalling. Complaints were made to county trust supervisors, state bar associations and congress. One attorney was disbarred. The other bunch had to hire a $350 per hour attorney & trust expert to support their actions but to no avail. A complaint, alleging bias, was made against a court commissioner, and never dismissed. Mediation succeeded in dismissing a frivolous property lien. Finally, it was over, some of the principals died soon after conclusion of the mess.

Much hostility was generated against us. Disparaging remarks & statements were made regarding us. Hostile behavior was apparent during court & settlement sessions. Our property was vandalized - 7.62X39 bullet thru window missed wifey by 8 feet, ATV tracks across front lawn, attempts to shut off water, & periodic drive by surveillance (stalking complaint planned by us).

Finally, sold property in 1 week, gifted about 1 ton of stuff, kept guns & other essentials then left - eastbound thru Look Out Pass.

I know how grand-mere felt as an unmarried, 17-year-old, pregnant woman after a frightening trip across the dead gray, stormy March north Atlantic to finally see the Statue of Liberty in New York harbor. Grand-pere was a street smart, fix anything guy connected to the US Embassy in Paris.

Snow, heat - been there & done that.

Last edited: