Why nobody lives in Montana

My best advice for anyone considering to move there is not to dream or think about all the things you can do in the warmer months. But, what you will do in the 8 months of winter! Once hunting season ends, its a very long time until spring. Actually they are still waiting for it.

My best advice for anyone considering to move there is not to dream or think about all the things you can do in the warmer months. But, what you will do in the 8 months of winter! Once hunting season ends, its a very long time until spring. Actually they are still waiting for it.
Montana is NSFW - not suited for the wussies. I love everything about Montana; however, my least favorite is the wind. After hunting season, there is always ice fishing and snowshoeing. My wife belongs to an all-girls hiking group, and winter is their most active season. L😇L. I do not snowboard, snow ski, or cross-country ski; otherwise, I'd do them too, but too old to start. For those that know me, winter is the best BBQ weather. 🤣

Some very true words printed here !
I miss the -34 days when I was working out there . My Truck ...not so much .
Found out the hard way ...she gelled up and did a top of 18 mph home , 67 lonely miles back over the Pass from work that day .
Lessons learned that day !
1. Run fuel additive below 32°
2. Carry 911 additive
3. Always i repeat always have a spare fuel filter with you .
4. While Living in Montana ...always Plan for the worst .

Could be countless miles between fuel stops .
Always have a complete set of Truck chains with you .
Always carry water, a butane cooker and a few Mountain House meals or Top Romon.
Trust me ..someday you will need all of the above .

Your Welcome !

Dang I miss Montana every day !
I will be back Home soon ! 😎😎😎

Rum Man

EF383E47-5BCB-41A0-A26D-D1A1F32955FC.gif

Exactly I hate winters. So there goes that. And then they mention the cost of living which I *** U ME ed would be cheap living. lol I would still like to visit the State some day. Say in the summer months or fall, (hunting & fishing). lol

Exactly I hate winters. So there goes that. And then they mention the cost of living which I *** U ME ed would be cheap living. lol I would still like to visit the State some day. Say in the summer months or fall, (hunting & fishing). lol
Not sure where you at but here's to help you navigate your way ...

1681042082138.png

🤣

The older I get, the less tolerant I am of the cold. I've visited and hunted in Montana but I couldn't live there despite the vast, beautiful countryside that just seems to call out to sportsmen.

Lately, I've been hunting more & more in the south. I've been hunting in the Carolinas and just got back from a hog hunt in Texas. I think I'll do another moose hunt in Newfoundland but that will be long before it gets cold there. History tells us that it was so cold in Newfoundland that it drove the Vikings out!

I have a lot of respect for you native Montanans. It's a beautiful, peaceful place but it just isn't for wimps, like me. LOL

None of those 10 reasons worry me in the least. It's always been a dream of mine since I was a boy to live out west. When I retire from dealing with filth and atrocities (@ 7 years from now) the wife and I have whole heartedly agreed to pull up our "Kentucky Stakes" and head west for some peace and tranquility. Even here in Kentucky we do battle with Mother Nature year round….spending summers cutting and splitting wood in euphoric humidity to get ready for winter (while taking beer & pool breaks of course 😇) and cutting acres of grass and then early fall prepping the property to get stomped on by Old Man Winter. We fight these two entities in harmony and it always ends in a "draw." I'm good with that. 👍

I moved here in 1998 and will leave when I die.Yep the winters can be long some years, like this year but that's ok as I cook things I want to eat cann things for summer and like FEENIX, winter don't stop me from cooking outside on the grill.
I also smoke meats in the winter so I'm not bored too much.Shooting pretty much stops but tweeking loads continue so I stay busy.
No couch potato here.I love Montana

A friend of mine says, "Beware of living in paradise. Visit the places that you love."
I appreciate the candor and realities expressed by those who live in the beautiful mountain west. There is a price to pay for living in temporary paradise. I've become a fan of less extremes as I age. Weather extremes in short doses is the perfect place for me.
Home/paradise is what you make of it. As a military brat and member, I was fortunate to visit and live in many states and countries, and Montana is the best place I have ever lived, also the longest - 20 years this June. Thank you, USAF.